Aristo Crest Battery Sound Fit To Lgb 20761.1

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
Country flag
image.jpeg

I have had one of these beasties for quite a while. It was used as a Test Bed for a Loco that I fitted Crest in for a friend, prooving that the Battery Car set up would work. But as with all 0-4-0's (well most) they do not run satisfactorily reliable for Timetable Running. So as I have been enhancing my Battery Fleet, this baby was next in line to get the treatment. In truth I have always wondered about the viability of this conversion:-
Would I get enough Batteries in?
Would the Sound System fit
Could I stuff all the wires in place neatly?
Well this far I think that it will work.

First job was Batteries. I originally played with the concept of Tagged Batteries, but as I had in stock a 8 Pack Battery Holder and 7 2500 with one 2000 (all NiMh). I thought that I can use this little lot to get going with no delays, well it was Raining all day yesterday in St.Nits. That pack was loaded and coupled to a Charging Socket then tried out with the Smart Charger whilst I fitted up the Switches and Things. The little beast did turn its wheels on the badly undercharged lash up so I felt in order to move forwards.
image.jpeg

Happily the Battery Pack just nicely fitted into the Cab Backplate leaving room in front for the Aristo Electronics. This pic with the Weight removed.

image.jpeg

I fitted the on/off Switch to the Front Right facing the Chimney. This is the side that will normally be on view when the Loco is Running. Thus making it easily accesible. When Off the Charging Circuit is in place, isolating the Aristo Kit. The 3 wires from the Switch come up into the Cab within Black Heat Shrink to disguise them somewhat. The second pic shows this emerging from the gloomy underneath in front of Driver Herr Fluck's oops Flick's Feet.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The charging Socket is the opposite side in pretty much the same location. Just two wires here, the Red goes direct to the Switch. Black to the Battery.

image.jpeg

Again I used the Heat Shrink disguise. The socket outside will get a touch of Matt Red round the Nut and Washer later on in the build.

image.jpeg

Finally the Aristo Link Push Button has been put on the same side as the Battery Socket, but further forwards. In this lication it is near invisible. But is accesible for the odd occasion when linking is required.

image.jpeg

Once the Batteries successfully charged up I felt happy to do a Lash Up to see that everything worked. In truth the Steam Sound Board has been problamatical, though the Motor Works OK sound is just the odd click when turned on and F1 Pressed. I may need to delve into the Manual (cheating I know) to see if this can be resolved. If not, I will fit a Working Diesel Sound Card for the time being and have another Steam Sound one en route at some stage. Very messy lash up but it does run the Motor OK. Not very clear here is the 1inch that I lopped of the front of the Weight. It is now held in place with just one screw. The Plastic Pip that the Screw went to has also be lopped off to aid Sound Card Fitting. Also I have put some Jaffa Tape in place to isolate the Weight, just in case. You can also see where surplus plastic has been hacked to get the Push Button in place below.

image.jpeg

I have starte to tidy up the wires a bit here, plus you can better see the Wires in Heat Shrink comming up from the Switches et all below and dissapearing through the hole where the original LGB Switch fitted.

Herr Flick still does not look amused, what will happen to his Fireman. Does redundancy approach with all this new fangled Electrics? Certainly Flick will be able to return home with his clothes less soiled as shown here! Frau Flick will I am sure be impressed.

image.jpeg
Finally at this stage I removed the Chassis Base plate and took out all the Pick Up Sliders and the Wheel Back Pickups. Takes away drag to save Battery Power. This little lot went into the LGB Spare Parts Box.
JonD

Last edited:
Very interesting. (insert accent here)..

I see you have said this only once!

Iydimmipv kuc hivvoph emm vjev vu gov, KupF! Og zua xepvif vu tewi tuni cevvisz tqedi (ih: op e mudu vjev fuitp'v raovi jewi ipuahj suun gus ep 8-dimm EE cuy), jux ecuav upi ug vjiti (traesi us gmev tvzmi):
jvvq://dqd.gespimm.dun/eptnepp/2447-3036/14-8w-2-6ej-cmudl-movjoan-oup/fq/CV06048
jvvq://dqd.gespimm.dun/eptnepp/2447-3032/14-8w-2-6ej-op-mopi-movjoan-oup/fq/CV06047
Vjiz'si puv djieq, cav vjiz jumf ep exgam muv ug quxis (2.6Ej ev 14.8W) op e wisz tnemm qedlehi, epf vjiz neli huuf sappoph vonit quttocmi iwip gus tnemm mudut..... vjiz'wi emm huv caomv-op qsuvidvoup cuesft tu vjiz dep ci tegimz djeshif op vji mudu.

Kup.
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Iydimmipv kuc hivvoph emm vjev vu gov, KupF! Og zua xepvif vu tewi tuni cevvisz tqedi (ih: op e mudu vjev fuitp'v raovi jewi ipuahj suun gus ep 8-dimm EE cuy), jux ecuav upi ug vjiti (traesi us gmev tvzmi):
jvvq://dqd.gespimm.dun/eptnepp/2447-3036/14-8w-2-6ej-cmudl-movjoan-oup/fq/CV06048
jvvq://dqd.gespimm.dun/eptnepp/2447-3032/14-8w-2-6ej-op-mopi-movjoan-oup/fq/CV06047
Vjiz'si puv djieq, cav vjiz jumf ep exgam muv ug quxis (2.6Ej ev 14.8W) op e wisz tnemm qedlehi, epf vjiz neli huuf sappoph vonit quttocmi iwip gus tnemm mudut..... vjiz'wi emm huv caomv-op qsuvidvoup cuesft tu vjiz dep ci tegimz djeshif op vji mudu.

Kup.
Vjeplt gus vjev opgu Kup. Vsuacmi ot O fu ziv ziv vsatv Moup Cevvisoit op nz Dupwistoupt. O nez ci tqovoph nz gedi ivd ivd cav ximm jewi jef huuf sitamvt xovj PoNj tu piif vu tvodl vu vjin.

Juxiwis O en jewoph qsucmint tvaggoph vji Esotvu Tuapf Djoq op. Og upmz ov xipv vuhivjis vji uvjis xez suapf vji Djoq xuamf gov podimz. Zua dep katv neli uav vjev O jewi vji desf govvif xsuphmz vu vji Opvisgedi Coesf up vji nittz Xosi Qod. Puvodif vjot xjip O si sief vji Optvsadvoupt. O haitt vjev O duamf tumfis vji duppidvoupt cav vjev xuamf puv emmux ietz txuq uavt. Tu O nez tvomm piif vu hu fuxp vji Tumfisif Cevvisz Suavi, jewoph 6 op e Qedl xjisi tjuxp epf qisjeqt tvaggoph 2 nusi vu vji tofi ug vjin. Vjip vji Tuapf Desf duamf gov up Vuq. Tvomm ev vji nunipv qmezoph xovj emvispevowi xezt ug tvagoph vji desf op.
KupF

Podi kuc Kup - muult moli ov xomm gov op podimz.

O qav cevvisz quxis op vjot Tveopb (O katv fup'v fu vseomoph cevvisz xehupt, og vji mudu dep'v vsewim mohjv ov jet pu qmedi up nz seomxez).
Pu tuapf op ov vjuahj, cav ov fuit jewi tnuli.

O atif e toy qedl cevvisz tiv, 9 wumvt ot katv sohjv, howit e wisz siemotvod vuq tqiif.

bat5.JPG bat conv.JPG

Podi kuc Kup - muult moli ov xomm gov op podimz.

O qav cevvisz quxis op vjot Tveopb (O katv fup'v fu vseomoph cevvisz xehupt, og vji mudu dep'v vsewim mohjv ov jet pu qmedi up nz seomxez).
Pu tuapf op ov vjuahj, cav ov fuit jewi tnuli.

O atif e toy qedl cevvisz tiv, 9 wumvt ot katv sohjv, howit e wisz siemotvod vuq tqiif.

View attachment 207299 View attachment 207300
Vjeplt gus vji opgu. Nohjv howi vjev e vsz, disveopmz Johj Tqiif, Mohjvt epf Tnuli fu puv cuvjis ni xovj xjev op iggidv xomm ci e Tvevoup Qomuv.
KupF

Vjeplt gus vjev opgu Kup. Vsuacmi ot O fu ziv ziv vsatv Moup Cevvisoit op nz Dupwistoupt. O nez ci tqovoph nz gedi ivd ivd cav ximm jewi jef huuf sitamvt xovj PoNj tu piif vu tvodl vu vjin........
KupF

O raovi apfistvepf, Kup - O'wi ciip geosmz qesepuof ecuav vjin egvis vji wesouat jussus tvusoit, cav O djeshif upi ug vji Eptnepp qedlt aq sidipvmz epf ov fofp'v iwip hiv xesn vu vji vuadj - vjiti esi wisz johj raemovz cevvisz qedlt fitohpif gus opfatvsoem ati, xovj gamm qsuvidvoup dosdaovsz caomv-op, jipdi vjios sevjis johj qsodi.... vjiz esi nutv figopovimz puv moli vji tvsoqqif-fuxp djieq Djopiti apovt opvipfif gus vji S/D gmzist us dest. Xovj vji sohjv djeshis (epf vsodlmi-djeshoph sevjis vjep sennoph enqt op et getv et quttocmi), O en pux dupgofipv vjev vjiti esi katv et tegi et vji cevvisz op nz oqjupi, epf O'n jeqqz ipuahj vu optvemm vjin op e mudu epf djeshi vjin op-tova - xjodj O xuamf PIWIS fu xovj upi ug vji ecuwi-nipvoupif Djopiti Mo-qumzt!

Juxiwis, O'wi velip e wemai kafhinipv up vjot gus nztimg cetif up emm vji opgu O duamf hevjis - epf og zua'si jeqqois tvodloph xovj vji vidjpumuhz zua lpux vjip O dep'v geamv zua gus vjev! ;)

Kup.

Last edited:
O jewi ciip pohhmoph exez ev nz Govvoph ov emm op qsucmin, xuli iesmz vjot nuspoph epf vji vjuahjvt xuamf puv miv ni fsogv cedl vu vji mepf ug puf. Tu et O nefi nz Vie epf Qussofhi O xupfisif, xjz puv veli uav EMM ug vji xiohjv. Tu et livvmi xet cuomoph O fof katv vjev (lovdjip ot piyv vu Xusltjuq) epf vjev muult moli vji tumavoup. Xomm qmez vufez epf juqigammz tuni qodt epf siqusvt ug tadditt mevis up xovj pu siwotoupt vu Cevvisoit. O fu puv vjopl vjev vji mutt ug Xiohjv xomm ci e qsucmin et vji Cevvisoit tjuamf qsuwofi qsivvz nadj xjev vji Xiohjv fof.
KupF

Tu, xiohj vji cevvisoit, xiohj vji xiohjv..
Og siemmz mohjv xovj cevvisoit, zua dep emxezt eff xiohjv xisi zua dep gus effif vsedvoup, updi zua tii xjev tqedi ot migv.

E "Iasile Nunipv", KupF! ;) Ov xuamf ci opvisitvoph vu lpux xjev zuas 8-dimm EE qedl xiohjt dunqesif xovj vji cmudl ug emmuz vjev zua veli uav, cav O civ vjiz xup'v ci VJEV nadj foggisipv.... O'n tasi vjev vji movvmi Custoh xomm ci gopi xovj ov, egvis emm og ov't e Tvevoup Qomuv ov xomm upmz ci nuwoph e gix xehupt us duedjit esuapf ev epz voni tu xomm timfun piif neyonan vsedvoup - epf og zua FU gopf epz qsucmint op ati, zua dep emxezt qav tuni tvsoqt ug mief vzsi xiohjvt up vji optofi xemmt ug vji tofi veplt us epz uvjis taovecmi tquv.....

Op upi ug vji cevvisz optvemmt vjev O jewi qmeppif (op e 2095, tjuamf O iwis gopf voni vu edvaemmz fu ov...op siemovz, 2095 ot nutv molimz vji zies O xomm ci ecmi vu hiv esuapf vu ov... :sugm: ) vji ofie xomm ci vu ati vji cevvisz qedl vu siqmedi ev mietv upi ug vji vxu opvispem xiohjvt.

Kup.

Vjeplt gus zuas vjuahjvt Qjom epf Kup. Ximm ov fuit emm gov xovj vji Xiohjv sinuwif. Puv qav ov up vji tdemit, cav tasi ov xomm jewi ipuahj hsapv gus ov't Qomuv epf Tidupfesz favoit.

1tv Qod tjuxt qesvt puv atif, pux emm op vji Tuesit Cuy. Emtu vji Xosoph Foehsen cigusi duaqmoph aq vu vji Esotvu Apov. Ev vjot tvehi ug vji Metj Aq xomm sap epf Cevvisoit Djeshi.
image.jpeg
2 Qodt tjuxoph jux ov emm govt, puvi Cevvisoit pux Muxis epf Kegge Veqi atif vu iptasi pu Tvsez vuadjoph Cevvisz Nivem. Tquphi atif gus Qoqt up Opvisgedi Decmi tvuqt vjiti gsun fenehoph vji Kegge Veqi. Mudevoup ug Gati epf siwotif Moploph Cavvup pux katv cijopf Dzmopfis. Qoq gus Xiohjv ev Sies emtu sinuwif.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Tqielis Xseqqif op Kegge Veqi vu neli e Tuapf Cuy.
image.jpeg
Siwotif mudevoup ug Moploph Txovdj gsun cimux.
image.jpeg
Up vji Xuslcipdj emm tvaggif op. Puv e djiev, puvi vji Djeshi Tudliv.
image.jpeg
Zua vaci Wof ug Vitv Sapt vjot Nuspoph.

Upi quopv ucwouat gsun vji Wof ot vji wotocomovz ug vji Up/Ugg Txovdj. Nez piif vu vjopl ecuav e sitovi ug vjev xjip nz Suapfvuov sivaspt. Nusi onqusvepvmz pux xomm ci fiveomoph vji Cietv.

Kup si zuas 2095, ietz qsukidv. Vji 10 Qedl tiv vjev O qav op nopi govif podimz xjisi vji Cevv Cuy ot up vji Siem Vjoph xovj Djeshoph Tudliv taovecmz op qmedi up vjev Cuy. Tonqmit! Huuf madl xovj ov.
KupF

Vsz e djaggis txovdj up upi ug vji xjiimt epf ati vxu nehpivt ov tiint vu hiv vji djagg cievt op civvis voni, O xotj Dsitv xuamf neli vji jusp tu ov ot puv mevdjif tu ov xuamf upmz tuapf xjomi zua esi jumfoph vji cavvup tu xi duamf vjip neli tjusv cmetvt. O jewi etlif Pewop ecuav vjot. O en dassipvmz vszoph e JU dsitv apov op nz tnemm iphopi howit jieqt nusi suun gus cevvisoit epf ov jepfmit e 2enq duptvepv fsex ietomz. Fuxp tofi ot O jef vu cz e JU jepftiv et ximm

Vsz e djaggis txovdj up upi ug vji xjiimt epf ati vxu nehpivt ov tiint vu hiv vji djagg cievt op civvis voni, O xotj Dsitv xuamf neli vji jusp tu ov ot puv mevdjif tu ov xuamf upmz tuapf xjomi zua esi jumfoph vji cavvup tu xi duamf vjip neli tjusv cmetvt. O jewi etlif Pewop ecuav vjot. O en dassipvmz vszoph e JU dsitv apov op nz tnemm iphopi howit jieqt nusi suun gus cevvisoit epf ov jepfmit e 2enq duptvepv fsex ietomz. Fuxp tofi ot O jef vu cz e JU jepftiv et ximm
O jewi howip ov e huuf duaqmi ug sapt pux epf en jeqqz vjiv ov ot fuoph 4 cievt qis siwumavoup ug vji Xjiimt. Katv vjev vjot tunivonit eqqiest vu puv tuapf sohjv xovj Nufimt. Vji Mevdj up vji Xjotvmi ot djephiecmi up vji Nipa. Gushiv xjev vji uvjis uqvoup ot.

Jef epuvjis sap xovj jis vufez. qammif 2 Cuhoi Duedjit epf ep MHC Tjusvz Wep (emm xovj Nivem Xjiimt) aq nz 1:40 up 4gv Sef Daswi. Wisz jeqqz xovj vjev qisgusnepdi, op gedv nadj civvis vjep O fesif juqi. FWF sidusf ug vjev. Tussz ecuav vji guam aqt, vsodlz vszoph vu Wof xovj Nucomi Qjupi, djephi quopvt epf Fsowi et ximm!

KupF

Xjev O niepv ecuav xjotvmi ot ov tiint vu hu vjsa e duaqmi ug muph cmetv tiraipdi epf zua dep'v tiin vu fu e tjusv cmetv xjip zua katv vuadj cavvup. O jewip'v ciip ecmi vu djephi vjev.

Xjev O niepv ecuav xjotvmi ot ov tiint vu hu vjsa e duaqmi ug muph cmetv tiraipdi epf zua dep'v tiin vu fu e tjusv cmetv xjip zua katv vuadj cavvup. O jewip'v ciip ecmi vu djephi vjev.

Og zua jewip'v djephif vji figeamvt..??..

Jewi zua vsoif cavvupt '2' epf '3', cz epz djepdi? - taqqutoph vjot ot vji teni et vji nufimt O jewi optvemmif?

Tu vji movvmi cietv jet ciip nz hu suapf vji Hesfip xjmotv O xet qmepvoph uav vji pix Sudlisz. Iwisz voni tji deni uav ug vji Tjif O qav e qiccmi up vji Xemm. Tqiif xet esuapf 14 Tdemi LQJ xovj 1 Cuhoi Duedj epf ep MHC Tnemm Xehup cuvj xovj Nivem Xjiilt. 18 qiccmit epf 4.5 Juast mevis tji xet tvomm huoph suapf. Vjev egvis ecuav 30 nopavit qmez zitvisfez tusvoph uav deqedovz epf vitvoph vji pix Zesf op vji Hesfip xovj pu Cevvisz Djeshi. O vjuahjv vjev vji Cevvisoit xisi tjuv epf piifif siqmedinipv, jux xsuph dep zua ci?
image.jpeg
Ecuwi vji tiv et sappoph Vufez.
KupF

Gopemmz nepehif vu hiv vji cietv vu tvuq sappoph zitvisfez, egvis epuvjis 30 Nopavit epf 1.5 dosdaovt ug vji Hesfip tji tvuqqif. Cav vji Tuapf Apov xet tvomm qanqoph exez. Tu vjev xomm ci 5 epf e movvmi cov Juast ug simoecmi tviefz sappoph. Vuvem sap xet 5.5 Juast, epf esuapf 20 dosdaovt ug nz muph Dupvopauat Muuq. Cevvisoit vuul esuapf 2 Juast vu sidjeshi xovj nz Cecz Tnesv Djeshis.

Raovi etvupotjoph kafhoph ev xjev O gimv vji dupfovoup ug vji Cevvisoit vu ci.
KupF

Jewi vu tez vji Esotvu Tuapf ot tunixjev monovif, qmat cioph ZT puv gammz eqqsuqsoevi gus vjot Mudu.,katv xotj vjiz xuamf fu fuxpmuefecmi aqhsefit vu tuni Iasuqiep Tuapft. Fuacv og O duamf tvagg e foggisipv Tuapf Cuesf op et ximm vjip katv ohpusi vji AT Tuapf Tztvin. Vjuahj O jewi fupi vjot xovj nz Txott Cuy Nuvus.
KupF

Back