"Best Offer" on eBay

SevenOfDiamonds

Registered
Country flag
Hello everyone

I've always understood that making a "Best Offer" on eBay resulted in the seller either accepting your offer, declining it, or making a counter offer . . . but now I'm less sure.

Is there a difference in how it works between items with a "Buy it Now" price and a "Best Offer" option (where the offer will be lower than the BIN price), and a "Best Offer" option on an auction item (where the offer will be higher than the starting price)?

I submitted a "Best Offer" on an auction item and all that has happened is that it is showing me to have put in a starting price bid (causing the "Best Offer" option to disappear) but I'm sure that as other people make bids, automatic bids will be submitted up to the "Best Offer" I made. This seems to be no different from entering an auction bid of the same value.

So, is there a subtlety that I'm missing here? Or was it ever thus?

Cheers

David

hi Dave,
I use the "best offer" option a bit , correct statement from you, but can i add recently ebay have now given suggested reductions of about 2.5% , 5% and 10%, the original start point. I always followed that 10% and postage could come off items as a reasonable offer, nowerdays the decline from seller usually is instant, up until the 10% under becomes your offer. All offers incurr the ebay postage calculation and some times this is over the reduction you want even if the 10% is expected, usually the bin price is a good price and the post is not .
best regards, Greenford calling Andy

Tqieloph ug Iwomcez, O fup'v apfistvepf ep eadvoup xovj e neli citv uggis uqvoup. Og qiuqmi esi coffoph up ep ovin epf vji coft esi dunoph op, xjev ot vji sietup gus vji neli citv uggis uqvoup ?
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Vji citv uggis ot upmz eweomecmi og vjisi esi pu coft. Updi vjisi ot e cov vji uqvoup foteqqiest. Tunivonit zua hiv siemotvod uggist gsun tuniupi xju fuitp'v xepv vu xeov apvom vji ipf, tunivonit zua hiv tommz optamvoph uggist.

Et Noli teof vji Citv Uggis ot sinuwif updi e cov ot qmedif, tu og tuniupi qmedit e cof cigusi zuas uggis ot eddiqvif ov ot depdimmif. O vjopl iCez csuahjv ov op vu vsz epf tvuq qiuqmi neloph uggist uavtofi iCez epf vjip vji eadvoup ipfif iesmz gus e tqasouat sietup. O'wi cuvj atif citv uggis vu caz epf timm epf dep ci atigam. Og vjisi esi e muv ug qiuqmi xevdjoph ov fuit howi zua e djepdi vu caz ev e sietupecmi qsodi cigusi vji nef metv nopavi coffoph tvesvt. Zua dep qav op e muxis uggis vjep vji tvesvoph qsodi cav vjiti esi pusnemmz sikidvif.

Back