Chalk Garden Rail - big shout.

tac foley

Registered
Country flag
Only a few small LGB spares, but vital it you don't have 'em. Two sets of later-version pickups for this double-Stainz loco in black, and a whistle to fill the holes where one ought to have been... ordered late on Monday and here this morning - great service by my reckoning.

I'd futzed around trying to find a whistle, only to discover that this tiny piece of plated plastic, from a well-known supplier, cost £9.50, plus £6.00 p&p. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mr Chalk sold me one for two quid, and made me a happy bear again.

Oddly enough, this loco is digital, using the older MTS system some of you might recall. This means that the powered tender starts up well in advance of the actual loco, which has the usual MTS 'slow-start' feature. I wondered what the heck was going on until I cottoned on.

Only a few small LGB spares, but vital it you don't have 'em. Two sets of later-version pickups for this double-Stainz loco in black, and a whistle to fill the holes where one ought to have been... ordered late on Monday and here this morning - great service by my reckoning.

I'd futzed around trying to find a whistle, only to discover that this tiny piece of plated plastic, from a well-known supplier, cost £9.50, plus £6.00 p&p. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mr Chalk sold me one for two quid, and made me a happy bear again.

Oddly enough, this loco is digital, using the older MTS system some of you might recall. This means that the powered tender starts up well in advance of the actual loco, which has the usual MTS 'slow-start' feature. I wondered what the heck was going on until I cottoned on.
I'm pleased that you had a good experience, unfortunately I did not do so well. I emailed them with an enquiry about a LGB spare part. Having not received a reply, I telephoned and had a conversation. After some time and still no response, I emailed a second time. That was several months ago, I never did receive an reply and sourced the part by other means. I have spent money with them in the past, which makes it all the more annoying.

David

Apgusvapevimz, Qivis jet ciip jewoph tuni jiemvj ottait, epf vji piyv hipisevoup esi puv opvu vseopt..

Op vji qetv, iyinqmesz tiswodi.
Metv duaqmi ug vonit, puvjoph.. Iwip vjuahj desf fiveomt jef ciip puvif. :(

QjomQ
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Back