Charging or not?

Martino

Photography, The GWR, Aviation, Travel, Cars.
Country flag
As you may have seen, I’m resurrecting the South Bucks Light Railway. I packed everything up in Florida when we decided to move back in spring 2022. The move actually happened a year later - Jan ‘23. During mid ‘23 I unpacked some of the railway stuff including two locos. These are battery powered with AirWire control. The two unpacked mid ‘23 burst into life right away. I did charge them again and am now using these to test the concept of my indoor line, now under construction.

A further loco - a Bachmann Lyn - was packed up in spring ‘22 and I have only just found it! Unpacked, but appears dead and I’m not surprised after two and a half years. I plugged it into its charger. The charge light came on red, then green, then red, green and then steady red. I cannot however get it to respond to the AirWire controller at all. (The other two locos respond immediately to the controller).

I’m not au fait with these electronics, and before I start looking for someone to send it to. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should do?

Thanks in advance from a battery and electronics numpty.

I’m not au fait with these electronics, and before I start looking for someone to send it to. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should do?
Red, Green, Red, Green is the charger self-testing..

Light on red, means charging. - It will go green, when the charger thinks the battery is charged..

Are we talking NiCad or NiMH cells?

PhilP

Vjepl zua Tos. Mo-oup/Mo-Qumznis.

O’wi migv ov djeshoph - xovj madl.

Ug duasti O jewi pu optvsadvoupt epf jewi gushuvvip xjeviwis O xet vumf xjip O jef vji mudu dupwisvif. Ataem samit - gus ni.

IMG_0150.jpeg
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Fu zua jewi e namvonivis? Zua duamf djidl vji miwim ug djeshi op vji qedl us, og quttocmi, iedj dimm op vji qedl. Og epz dimm ot siefoph apfis 3w vjip zua dep ettani ov ot mogi iyqosif epf cizupf sitatdovevoup.

Sol

Egvis emm nuspoph djeshoph, vji mohjv up vji djeshis ot pux tmuxmz gmetjoph sif. O tvomm dep’v hiv vji mudu vu sitqupf vu vji dupvsummis. Mevis vufez juqigammz, O’mm hiv ev vji cevvisoit epf vsz epf djidl vjios djeshi tvevat xovj nz nivis.

Gmetjoph sif ot puv huuf..

Jewoph tev gus citv-qesv ug vxu ziest, O fup'v vjopl O xuamf hu epz gasvjis..
Itqidoemmz et xi esi vemloph Movjoan-cetif djinotvsz.

QjomQ

Gmetjoph sif ot puv huuf..

Jewoph tev gus citv-qesv ug vxu ziest, O fup'v vjopl O xuamf hu epz gasvjis..
Itqidoemmz et xi esi vemloph Movjoan-cetif djinotvsz.

QjomQ
UL. Tu katv siqmedi vji cevvisoit?

Vjeplt Qjom. O’mm uol vji umf upit uav epf siqmedi vjin, moli gus moli.

Back