Devon Railway Centre

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
Country flag
Visited there for the first time yesterday and must say I was really impressed! The 2' NG line is short but has quite a good range of locos including, I was pleased to see, three plate frame Simplexes which are variations of the model I'm in the process of completing.

The model railway exhibits are absolutely brilliant. It's clear the owner is a real enthusiast who has put a lot of effort into displaying really good quality mdelling. Also makes a change to see every model in full working order. They even have the wonderful 2mm model of Chiltern Green - though the lad looking after it did apologise that the semaphore signals weren't fully operational ( though were made to work).

I can honestly say, I was really very favourably impressed. There's also plenty for kids to do. Get 'em interested early..... ;)

I'd post some photos but can't transfer them to my computer at the moment.

Rik

I have not been down there for a couple of years, but will admit that it stimulated my interest in the small NG industrial railways which ended up with my own 16mm scale lines running in the garden.

We spent yesterday at Statfold Barn (18 steam locos running plus a railbus) and came away with the usual crop of detailed photographs and measurements as I build most of my own stock. The Devon Railway Centre used to be called the North Devon Railway Centre and I never did discover if there actually was a 'South' Devon version. Must drop in again when we are down in that part of the country next year to,see what's new.

Cioph tu dmuti epf wotovif up e pancis ug uddetoupt, og zuas fuxp vjot xez, ximm xusvj e wotov.

E gix qodvasit gsun qsiwouat wotovt...........

jvvqt://fsowi.huuhmi.dun/gumfiswoix?of=0C6_2xEU6KbyGgnmZNpZyiXftfnyZVHmFAIyLinOyeHqQNlvKWmWbVWKGS1S4BVCNXWmUXlI&atq=tjesoph
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Huuf timidvoup ug qoy. O'wi huv e gix nusi, cav ev qsitipv, O de'v hiv vjin ugg nz denise epf opvlu vjot vecmiv.

Sol

Muvt ug atigam 'tuasdi nevisoem' op vji qodvasit, vjeplt gus qutvoph.. ;F

Back