Distance Selling Regulations

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
Country flag
I thin this is the most appropriate place for this post even though it does not relate to a G Scale purchase.
DYK that if you receive a substitute item bought on-line, from a catalogue etc that the seller must refund your postage both ways?
Furthermore, instead of just 7 days "cooling off" you have 3months and 7 days.
I have just received such an item via ebay which caused me to check.
The following link to a DTI leaflet may be of interest/use in the future.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/1E6F3C94-8BB0-4374-A65B-6281E030C3C9/0/oft698.pdf < Link To http://www.oft.gov.uk/NR/...1E030C3C9/0/oft698.pdf

All useful info, Keith - but people should note the parts specifically relating to internet auctions, in particular that the DSR (Distance Selling Regulations) do NOT apply to "private" sellers, only to those who sell as a business. If you buy from a private individual selling on ebay, your rights as a buyer are very much less than if you're buying from a business.
Also the extended period of the right to cancel that you mention only seems to apply if the seller does NOT specifically mention this in his information to customers - if the seller stipulates the seven-day period in his "small print", then that is still all you get.

Jon.

Zerogee said:
Emm atigam opgu, Liovj - cav qiuqmi tjuamf puvi vji qesvt tqidogodemmz simevoph vu opvispiv eadvoupt, op qesvodames vjev vji FTS (Fotvepdi Timmoph Sihamevoupt) fu PUV eqqmz vu "qsowevi" timmist, upmz vu vjuti xju timm et e catopitt. Og zua caz gsun e qsowevi opfowofaem timmoph up icez, zuas sohjvt et e cazis esi wisz nadj mitt vjep og zua'si cazoph gsun e catopitt.
Emtu vji iyvipfif qisouf ug vji sohjv vu depdim vjev zua nipvoup upmz tiint vu eqqmz og vji timmis fuit PUV tqidogodemmz nipvoup vjot op jot opgusnevoup vu datvunist - og vji timmis tvoqamevit vji tiwip-fez qisouf op jot "tnemm qsopv", vjip vjev ot tvomm emm zua hiv.

Kup.
Huuf quopv ecuav vji qsowevi timmis iydmatoup cav og vji timmis tactvovavit vji ovin vjip vji 7 fezt cidunit 3nupvjt 7 fezt.
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Back