Gaugemaster again........

tac foley

Registered
Country flag
Some of you may recall the great service I've been getting from Gaugemaster - located down there by the crossing at Ford, just outside Arundel. My initial problem was centered around the incredibly fragile end steps on my Gauge 1 Maerklin passenger cars, of which I have ten to haul behind my Aster Br01 live steam loco. Even getting them out of their otherwise bombproof packaging can be fraught with danger, since the little blighters seem to be magnetically attracted to any corner or protruberance - even foam packing - destined to snap them off.

Over the last few months, having been ignored by the Maerklin spares department, I've been dealing with their main UK distributor, Gaugemaster, and was not let down until one package of a set of four [two left and two right - they are mirror-image and of complex shape, as you can see from the pc here [not one of mine, BTW]] - turned out to be three and one. As useful as buying two left foot shoes.
s-l1600.jpg

Gaugemaster, when advised of this screw-up, have just advised me that they have sent out a correct set of left and rights at no cost to me. I'm really grateful for this news, since these teeny bits of plastic cost a mighty £3.38 EACH.

I've also made provision to strengthen them somewhat, making them less fragile to handle and reducing the chance of them getting blown off by the wind [kidding, right?]

Props to Gaugemaster then, and a 'boooooooooooo' to the people at Maerklin who pack these incredibly valuable little pieces of plastic into the little bags for shipping.

huuf vu tii e siveomis tviqqoph aq xjip etlif,,,
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Back