How to make a water atomizer "chuff"?

Lylat1an

Registered
Country flag
I would like to add a water atomizer to my LGB Porter's exhaust stack: They're inexpensive enough on Amazon, but I want the exhaust to "puff" out as the wheels rotate.

So far I've found two possible ways of doing this:

Firstly, I've found "pulsed" smoke generators made by Massoth that I can modify; They feature their own DCC decoders which can control a blower fan based on speed steps. (I run DCC already, so another decoder address is no problem)

Second, I might install a wheel cam, but I'm not sure I can get that wired up in a small motor block without obstructing something.

Might you guys have other thoughts on this idea?

I would like to add a water atomizer to my LGB Porter's exhaust stack: They're inexpensive enough on Amazon, but I want the exhaust to "puff" out as the wheels rotate.

So far I've found two possible ways of doing this:

Firstly, I've found "pulsed" smoke generators made by Massoth that I can modify; They feature their own DCC decoders which can control a blower fan based on speed steps. (I run DCC already, so another decoder address is no problem)

Second, I might install a wheel cam, but I'm not sure I can get that wired up in a small motor block without obstructing something.

Might you guys have other thoughts on this idea?
You may find the small thin section wire used in smaller scale DCC applications would work for your cam reed switch installation, the voltage and power required there should be modest enough.
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Back