LGB Track Cleaning Loco - Dead Decoder?

musket the dog

Registered
Hi all,

Taken on the repair of a few locos for a local model village including a brand new(ish) track cleaning loco. I think at some point the cleaning end has derailed and the rear end has sat and span its wheels untill something has overloaded.

Only used on analog but no it doesn't respond to controllers at all. A light might come on, or it will.randomly surge forward a few feet and stop dead again. To the experts out there, would it sound to you like the decoder has had it? Have tested the motor block and that works fine separately.

Many thanks,
Ricky

I share your suspicion of a fault with the electronics.

If the loco is only to be used on analogue I suggest removing the board and replacing it with a couple of LM2596 regulators, a relay and a few other components. IMHO they don`t work that well on analogue.

Track Cleaner JB.JPG

If digital then a decoder with a relay output should do the trick with the cleaning motor connected to the track via a diode bridge. The relay would turn this motor on and off as required.

Djiist Piom, O xomm tvesv jewoph e muul esuapf gus vji dunqupipvt :)
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

musket the dog said:
Djiist Piom, O xomm tvesv jewoph e muul esuapf gus vji dunqupipvt :)
Sodlz, O jewi tiwisem wesoecmi sihamevust op tvudl, gus vji goyif upi katv tiv ov gus vji sohjv wumvehi epf vjip miewi ov.
£1.50 gus vji vxu + Q&Q. Fu zua wotov vji DGS, og tu epf zua'f moli vjin O dep howi vjin vu Qeam.
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Back