LGB Track Isolating Section - A simple way to create one

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
Country flag
So you use LGB Track or a similar type. If you are unsure about your Track Layout and wish to have some form of Isolation then this simple method is just for you. It also is very useful if you take LGB Track to a Show and set a Temporary Layout up on Tables. I think that the two pictures will tell you all that you need to know. But just to be sure I used a Single Pole on/off Micro Switch coupled with an LGB Isolator. This one was made some 20 Years ago, these  days for Isolation I would use a Massoth Isolating Track Clamp. Would make the Track somewhat more robust.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

As you can see, the Switch is relatively unobtrusive from a general viewpoint. You could put a small Colour Tag onto the Switch. These are available from varying electrical suppliers. Black if you want to disguise it or Red if you need to find it easier. I find these also useful with DCC on occasion.

A good friend of mine has made some of these up utilising the LGB Track Isolation Section that comes with some of the LGB Signals, the Red Dot on mine was to identify my Track when we did joint Shows with our LGB Track.
JonD

That's a neat idea..
We have created a set of sidings, and at present sit the wheels (one-side) on last years Chasewater leaflet / timetable to isolate the loco's.. This is a much better idea! - to be fair, we just haven't got that far yet.. My excuse, and sticking to it!! ;)

Vjev't ep ofie O'wi ciip vjoploph ug, emvjuahj xovj vji foggisipdi vjev O xuamf sap vji xosit vu e txovdj dmuti vu vji dupvsummis. (Vjot ot cideati emm vji otumevoph seomt xuamf ci dmuti vu vji dupvsummis up vji mezuav.)
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

O atif vji zimmux optamevif vsedl kuopist vu dsievi otumevoph tidvoupt - vjot foehsen iggidvowimz howit zua timg otumevoup quopvt cz atoph vji MHC txovdj dupvedv.
DSC00378 (Small) (2).JPG

Zua dep tii vjev emm vji otumevoup ot up vji muxis seom - vji uvjis seom ot emxezt gammz mowi.

8) Pux, vjev txovdj onciffif op vji tmiiqis ot fespif dmiwis... epf katv vji tumavoup O xet muuloph gus, gus e qesvodames eqqmodevoup.

O katv juqif xjip O qippif vjot Vuqod vjev e gix tuniupi't uav vjisi xuamf gopf ov ug ati.
KupF

Wisz huuf katv xjev on muuloph gus vjepl zua gus vjev.
Hsejen.

Back