lighted cars and train detection

LGB_Chur_Arosa

Registered
Country flag
I finally finished my small garden layout, it has several stations, platforms and loops. I have included many detection tracks (isolated track + S88) for train detection, I am using Marklin C3 event based programming to control the layout. eventually I want to run 3 trains on the layout simultaneously. due to my layout I need to detect the orientation (loco pull or loco push) for the trains stopped at the station (one-way tracks terminated by bumper). I am doing this by using 2 detection tracks, depending on which one is occupied I can tell the train is parked head first or tail first and then set it up for the correct travel direction and distention. When I was building the layout I forgot that the lighted cars will also trigger the load detection inside S88 which causes both detection tracks to trigger at the same time and violate the control logic... what is the best way to fix this issue ?

- use magnet contact track instead of track isolation and put magnet on the locomotive only ? but as I understand the magnet needs to be right on top of the detector to register it. it's hard to test for occupancy if the train stops passed or before the contact magnet
- disconnect the lights in the lighted cars, but it won't be as nice
- convert the lighted cars to battery power to avoid loading the tack, this could work. has anyone done this ?

any suggestions ?

LED battery lighting units are pretty cheep theses days, last night in Lidl was looking at some at sun £2.00 probably similar cost State Side. I think the switchable battery pack too 2 AA batteries so possible to fix somewhere.

Zua dep hu cevvisz gus mohjvt, us qsuvuvzqodem, epf taqqmz quxis fuxp vji vseop gsun vji mudu.

QjomQ
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Back