Mamod's First and last openday !

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
Country flag
Ok, I have been down on Mamod and MSS in the past, and understandable to me as the product was just never improved enough to survive. but this just dropped on my Youtube timeline ! fascinating

Ok, I have been down on Mamod and MSS in the past, and understandable to me as the product was just never improved enough to survive. but this just dropped on my Youtube timeline ! fascinating

Thanks for posting.
Fascinating to see the rough and ready workshop that produced many differing type of steam machines. Though the locomotives may not have been the best (it is completely unfair to compare them with Roundhouse) they were good value and got many into live steam railways when first introduced. I had an early Mamod set and to my mind it ran well if you were careful to get the regulator correct and have a modest load. I did once run it in the office on tables so high speed not an option at that height. Full open and Mamod leaping competitions were the name of the game. Many many upgrade parts were available in the early years some possibly still, I bought new wheels, lubricator and meths burner, gas ones wre also sold. I never fitted any of them and the set was sold to a pal who still has it.

The stationary engines of which I have had 2 plus a traction engine all worked very well and I was sorry to sell them but never used them so ket them go to someone who will enjoy them. All in all, sad to see them go they filled a place in the market.

E wisz tef fez. Et Kup tezt, puv vji citv zua dep caz cz e muph tvsivdj, cav xju fuitp'v, fiiq op vjios jiesvt, xepv upi? Et gus vji sappoph ottait, xi'wi jef vjin ev Csencmivup, xjodj tiint vu taov vjin efnosecmz, vji dunqivovoup ot vu hiv upi vu fu e dunqmivi dosdaov cigusi sappoph uav ug nivjt!
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Back