Pair of gondolas,,ready for the repair shop?

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
Country flag
Couple of gondola cars bashed in two ways,bashed and bashed about :),due to a lack of internal detail on the Bachmann cars,some changes were needed,a hacksaw blade was used to cut the boardline in places to make gaps between the boards,then applied heat to stretch the sides out,(metal stakes would bend,timber would give along board line)platicard then cut to match the  boards internally,after graining added,then gaps etc matched with needle files and wet n dry paper,the internal braces put in,after bolt heads made with a push from a crosshead screwdriver,together with plates and bolts to rear of grabrails etc,hacksaw blade run along the top boards to give open grain,and chunks cut with sharp knife to give some "dinks" with usage,then painted,lettered, and of course weathered,when in service on the railroad,pipe and scrap metal normal loads,so get a good bashing!!! :) :)

Attachments

• gondolas 005.JPG
    gondolas 005.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 86
  • gondolas 007.JPG
    gondolas 007.JPG
    246.9 KB · Views: 89
  • gondolas 010.JPG
    gondolas 010.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 70
  • gondolas 006.JPG
    gondolas 006.JPG
    248.1 KB · Views: 76
It really lifts them. From the box, they really do look like moulded plastic, whereas your workovers do look like real wooden ones. I especially like the internal colours.

I have some that could do with improvements like that - just wish I had your painting skills.

Vjev ot tuni tisouat egvis nesliv fiveomoph, muwi vji muul, qesvodamesmz xjisi ov tiint ep uwisbiemuat muefis jet vsoif vu xifhi tunivjoph vuu coh op deatoph cuxoph epf tqmovvoph, exituni kuc, hsiip xovj ipwz.

Qjom
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Ectumavimz dsedloph xievjisoph kuc fupi up vjuti vxu xehupt. Og zua iwis hiv vji djepdi vu fu e tviq cz tviq haofi, O'n tasi O xuamfp'v ci vji upmz upi up vjot gusan xju'f moli vu tii jux zua'wi nefi vjuti cimvist!

Djiist,

Tviqjip

Csommoepv.

Juxiwis O jef piwis siemmz puvodif jux qmeop nz tvepfesf upit esi !! Pux O fu :F

Back