Pentewan & Lappa Valley

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
Country flag
Another day, another railway. After visiting Pentewan yesterday and appreciating the remnants of the once thriving china clay dock and remains of the tramway (no photos as I only took my camera), today I ventured forth on the Lappa Valley Steam Railway.

I must confess to having a weakness for 15" gauge railways after learning about their history (eg see http://ngruk.blogspot.com/2013/02/15-minimum-gauge-railways-chronology.html ).

The Lappa Valley is well executed, the line serving the purpose of taking parents and their offspring to a railway focused adventure park at the other end of the line - with 7.25" and a 10.25" miniature railways plus other attractions.

The weather decided to turn wet while I was there and so on my second trip, the loco struggled to get a grip. The driver coaxed her admirably, though he did admit that on some wet days they have to resort to a diesel banker. :'( :o

Rik

Now I know how the rain turned up in Cornwall! ??? Still, good to see piccies of all the places I haven't had permission to visit this holiday (it is Dra. Estrecha's itinerary and has many, many gardens and no railways).

:) Ej ninusoit ug e jeqqz fez tqipv vjisi xovj loft :)
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Back