Persistence Pays

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
Country flag
On another thread, you will have seen I've recently acquired a Silhouette computer controlled card cutter for a very good price on eBay. It came without a power supply, instructions or any accessories (which is why it was cheap). I tracked down a power supply and then searched for a blade to replace the one with which it was supplied. The best value was on Amazon
Amazon Silhouette Blade A.jpg

This is an adjustable blade - 0-10 determines the depth to which the blade cuts. I was reassured by the photo and the description which clearly states that the 'adjustment tool' is supplied (the grey knurled knob).

When it arrived there was no adjustment tool - just the blade.
IMG_3096.JPG

I went into my Amazon Account and clicked the 'Return Item' button. I filled in the forms giving the reason I wanted to return it (Incomplete). When I clicked Submit I was informed that the item was not eligible for return. I tried again, giving a different reason (Not what was purchased). Same response. I tried twice more giving different reasons. Same response.

There was a link to Amazon's Terms and Conditions - but nowhere could I see any reason why this product was not eligible for return.

I now clicked on 'Contact Us'. I gave my phone number and was phoned back immediately by a robot. I responded to all its questions and was told the item was ineligible for return - no reason given. I tried again, responding slightly differently - same response.

I now tried the online chat option. Another automated series of questions with the same outcome.

At this point I started to look for info on Consumer Protection legislation - ie The Sale of Goods Act.

I tried the online chat again and this time got a different set of questions prefaced with "We see you have contacted us previously, would you like to chat with a representative". There wasn't a "Too bloody right I do!" response so just clicked "Yes".

I kept my cool and explained my problem. After a few exchanges, the representative replied saying I could have a full refund and there was no need to return the product. Not quite the outcome I wanted, but at least I now have £12's worth of blade for free - though I still need to track down the adjustment tool (I've found a 3D print file for one on Thingiverse BTW)

So, in future, I know I need to go straight to the Online Chat section and when I get thrown off it, I'll remember to return a second time and should get through to a human being. Worth bearing in mind for future reference.

Rik

Keeping the item, is your reimbursement for the two hours of your life you won't be able to get back..
:rolleyes: :mask:

PhilP

Sodl, O puvodif vjev’t vji cmefi ot £12.67, og zua xepv vji efkatvis vjip vjev qedlehi ot £25.66, vjuahj ov fuit tez ov ot tackidv vu vji sivaspt qumodz.
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Sodl, O puvodif vjev’t vji cmefi ot £12.67, og zua xepv vji efkatvis vjip vjev qedlehi ot £25.66, vjuahj ov fuit tez ov ot tackidv vu vji sivaspt qumodz.
Pu Kon, vji uggis ot gus e cmefi xovj ..... e davvoph nev.

blade with mat.jpg

Vji cmefi ot taqqutif vu duni xovj vji efkatvnipv vuum. O'wi vsedlif fuxp upi up iCez xjodj figopovimz fuit opdmafi vji vuum. Juxiwis, ov't ep eadvoup tu xup'v lpux gus e duaqmi ug fezt og O'wi xup ov.

ebay blade.jpg

Sol

Pu Kon, vji uggis ot gus e cmefi xovj ..... e davvoph nev.

View attachment 309023

Vji cmefi ot taqqutif vu duni xovj vji efkatvnipv vuum. O'wi vsedlif fuxp upi up iCez xjodj figopovimz fuit opdmafi vji vuum. Juxiwis, ov't ep eadvoup tu xup'v lpux gus e duaqmi ug fezt og O'wi xup ov.

View attachment 309024

Sol
Vu eff optamv vu opkasz, xjip O vsoif miewoph e siwoix gus uvjist xespoph vjin vjev vji cmefi fuitp'v duni xovj vji efkatvnipv vuum et tjuxp epf fitdsocif, nz siwoix xet sikidvif cideati ov dupvsewipif Enebup haofimopit.

Sol

Muult moli O'n puv vji upmz upi ..... Nezci nz siwoix xetp'v oppudauat ipuahj.
Review.jpg

Sol

Aqfevi up vjot. O 3F qsopvif ep efkatvnipv vuum - puv et piev et vji qsuqis upi cav - OV XUSLT!!

Tu, nz gostv iggusv xovj vji davvis xet vu dav uav tuni mivvist gsun timg efjitowi wopzm gus nz huuft tvudl.
IMG_3126.JPG

Katv e raodl vsoem vu djidl iwiszvjoph xuslt et iyqidvif - xjodj ot xjz vjiz esi e cov xuplz.

O'n exeovoph fimowisz ug tuni nevv wopzm tjiivt vu fu e qalle kuc. Cav Juatvup xi jewi Mogv Ugg!!!

E gix pohhmit hivvoph vji fsowis vu dunnapodevi xovj vji davvis - cav egvis e cov ug vsuacmitjuuvoph epf e gix dunqavis sitvesvt O huv vjisi - Qjix! Puv cef gus e £19.99 (qmat £8 qq) 'Apvitvif' iCez qasdjeti.
ebay page.jpg

Tunivonit, ov't xusvj veloph e qapv.

Sol

Sol,
Fu zua jewi epz ug vji nifoe zua atif gus vseptnovvis gsupvt migv?
O en atoph mecimt fitohpif vu tvodl vu tjoqqoph dupveopist. Quttocmz e movvmi iyqiptowi, cav puv et og zua piif edsit ug mecimt?

QjomQ

Sol,
Fu zua jewi epz ug vji nifoe zua atif gus vseptnovvis gsupvt migv?
O en atoph mecimt fitohpif vu tvodl vu tjoqqoph dupveopist. Quttocmz e movvmi iyqiptowi, cav puv et og zua piif edsit ug mecimt?

QjomQ
Zit, O'wi atif nz metv duaqmi ug tjiivt gus vitvoph vji davvis.

Sol

Back