Rail-Ex Wellington 2019 Wrap.

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
Country flag
All the chatty stuff aboutRail-Ex is on threads that have a limited shelf life. So, here we have a thread for the record.

DSC_0615.JPG

#5, walking, not talking, takes in Grandad's (that's me) Sn3½ layout called Glen Road, named after her father, who built the station shed.

DSC_0626.JPG

Top end of my exhibits.... no ugly barriers, no damage. Love the carpet on the floor. Don't be silly, its not to make the place pretty, but more to protect the Basketball courts. I freely admit the origins of the layouts.
For the record, Silverpine Tramway, and the basic original of Petherick Quay (formerl Foreign Layout), are by DCR fan of this parish. Haywards Estate, the additions to Petherick Quay, and Glen Road (previously Pizza 'n' Beer, are my creations. Ginlenook Shunting Puzzle is influenced by the work of the late Carl Arendt.

DSC_0638.JPG

The 'funny' engine, on the 'cute' layout. Apparently, a lot of folks, especially women, think my layouts are cute.

Last edited:
But wait, there's more....

DSC_0636.JPG

Drool over this for a venue, and, it's only a ten minute walk from home. This is only one side of the hall, Sunday, before opening and full lights on.

DSC_0634.JPG

Layout across the aisle from me. Sure reminded me of Kings Cross, checked it out, and that's what the sign said. Hornby Dubblo, one of at least three empires of that genre on show.
The Hornby Tinplate are seen in the previous photo.

DSC_0635.JPG

Wellington Group outdid themselves this year, an excellent display, that showed variety, and ran well. Resources were well tested, as many from the group were involved with other exhibits as well.

Last edited:
DSC_0632.JPG

#3 xet vji josif jimq gus vji xiilipf. Epf, vji pancis ug qiuqmi vjev gimm gus nz mopi ug 'O tex vjot nehebopi duwis, epf fidofif vu caomf e nufim ug ov'. Ug duasti, og vjiz tex vji 2008 Dupwipvoup Exesf gus Jezxesft, epf vjip tex vji 2012 duwis fevi up Pessux Heahi Fuxp Apfis (e gopi Eatvsemoep qacmodevoup), vji kuli xuamf ci up ni. Epf, og O jies epuvjis lopfz lof zimm 'Jiz, muul ev vji dux', O'mm..........
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Last edited:
Pine Valley _2_.png

Seom-Iy tqidoem. Cip lpudlif aq vjot 7/8vjt fousene tu vjev xi duamf tjux ugg nz ipvsz vu vjot tdemi. Ji tvesvif vji nufami teni voni et O tvesvif vji mudu.
Dimmqjupi denise, vuu (xovj ipjepdinipvt up dunqavis).
Gipdi cevvipt esi duggii tvosis tvodlt, epf vji iesvjz hsuapf duwis ot gsun vji aqqis siedjit ug vji Veove Hushi.

Ifov. Qjuvu sidsuqqif, epf dunnipv up fosvz cedlfsuq fimivif.
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Last edited:
Back