Sandstone & Termite visits Peckforton

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
Country flag
The Peckforton Light Railway recently played host to a visitor from the Sandstone & Termite Railway.

Sandstone & Termite railcar, Nick, bedecked in our two nation`s flags, has a maiden run along the line from Beeston Market station
1-IMG_7778.JPG

past the copper mine - where Ol` Sam the Blacksmith eyes the antipodean visitor with a professional eye (mind you he`s none to keen on these newfangled diesels which is probably why he still has his hammer in his hand ..... )
1-IMG_7783-001.JPG

Nick arrives at Peckforton to allow passengers to compare the PLR`s own railbus with its more modern arrival.
1-uvs141020-004.BMP.jpg

Nick then undertakes some light freight duties ......
1-uvs141020-005.BMP.jpg

..... before taking a special passenger service down the line
1-uvs141020-006.BMP.jpg

With the nights drawing-in, the two railcars are commissioned to provide a night service.
1-uvs141020-009.BMP.jpg

Our esteemed visitor from the colonies demonstrates that he is not daunted by our Autumnal climate in the Northwest of England by sporting his Sandstone and Termite tee-shirt as honorary chief controller of trains.
1-S1340005.JPG

Many thanks to Greg and Pauline for making a "small" diversion on their journey from Oz to the USA and for inviting us to join them on their jaunt into Wales and, of course, for giving me a really good excuse reason for intensive indulgence in playing and watching trains.
1-uvs141020-010.jpg

Rik & Linda

ROSS said:
SEEMS we have three versions of this! Nice piccies......
For some reason my computer froze twice while trying to upload the post. I assumed the other two hadn't worked. They're now removed.

Rik

Vjeplt gus e siemmz podi tiv ug qodt, siemmz tant aq &rauv;Podl`t&rauv; wotov podimz.
O piwis onehopif sappoph vseopt ev pohjv us xiesoph e vii-tjosv op Iphmepf op Udvucis. (nz muph-kujpt sineop apqedlif).
Upi metv qod gsun nz dummidvoup ug nepz. (wofiut vu ci ifovif xjip O hiv juni).
IMG_0523s.jpg

(Podl jet taswowif vji piyv mih ug vji vsoq vu vji ATE)
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

E tjusv wofiu ug Podl't jepft-edsutt-vji-xusmf wotov vu vji QMS

jvvq://zuava.ci/7GbMPdxgAF4

[youtube]jvvq://xxx.zuavaci.dun/xevdj?w=7GbMPdxgAF4[/youtube]

Juqi ov't ug opvisitv.

Sol & Hsih

E tnetjoph gomn, epf tuni taqis qodvasit qesvodamesmz vji upit velip cz vji sowis 8)

Podi wof ug e muwimz mopi.
Huuf vu tii vji Epvoqufiep iydastoupt us tjuamf O tez opdastoupt!

Muwi vjuti pohjv tjuvt op vji Wof.

Back