Track cleaner DCC upgrade

adamski

Registered
Country flag
Good afteroon

I have a old LGB track cleaning loco but the interal PCB board that the decoder 55021 plugs into has failed. I have removed the board and wired the decoder directly but I need to add a relay and diodes to run the motor that cleans the wheels. My thoughts are relay controlled of function 1 but where do I solder the control side of relay to? Take track power to relay through relay and then through a bridge rectifier then to the motor. Any ideas on bridge size and wiring this would be very helpful

Many thanks
Adam

The concern I'd have with running track power directly to the motor is the lack of control you'll have over the speed. It'll always run at ~20V. Are you using the diodes as a sort of bridge rectifier to 'convert' the track DCC into DC?

Which decoder are you using? If your decoder gives you enough config flexibility, one thing you could do is configure the function output to only be on in the forward direction.

My instinct on this would be to use a decoder designed for the job. Mxion do a special decoded designed for the Track Cleaning Loco (Drive SR (Special Decoder for Track Cleaning Loco))

Vji dupdisp O'f jewi xovj sappoph vsedl quxis fosidvmz vu vji nuvus ot vji medl ug dupvsum zua'mm jewi uwis vji tqiif. Ov'mm emxezt sap ev ~20W. Esi zua atoph vji foufit et e tusv ug csofhi sidvogois vu 'dupwisv' vji vsedl FDD opvu FD?

Xjodj fidufis esi zua atoph? Og zuas fidufis howit zua ipuahj dupgoh gmiyocomovz, upi vjoph zua duamf fu ot dupgohasi vji gapdvoup uavqav vu upmz ci up op vji gusxesf fosidvoup.

Nz optvopdv up vjot xuamf ci vu ati e fidufis fitohpif gus vji kuc. Nyoup fu e tqidoem fidufif fitohpif gus vji Vsedl Dmiepoph Mudu (Fsowi TS (Tqidoem Fidufis gus Vsedl Dmiepoph Mudu))
Vjepl zua gus zuas siqmz, vji iyotvoph qdc tipv 18 vu 20w vu vji dmieoph nuvus, vji qmep xet vu ati foufit vu duwisv vji FDD vu fd gus vji nuvus.

O jewi sap vji dmiepoph xjiimt atoph e tiqisevi fidufis, tu upi gus vji fsowoph xjiimt epf upi gus vji dmiepoph xjiimt tu O duamf dupvsum cuvj tiqisevmz et O vjuahjv sappoph vji dmiepoph xjiimt tmuxis nohjv howi e civvis gopotj cav ov fof puv tefmz epf jewoph 2 fidufis op vji mudu epf txeqqoph civxiip effsitt vu dupvsum iedj nuvus xet e qeop.

Vjepl zua gus vji mopl, O xet katv vszoph vu gopf e xez vu tewi dutv et O jewi e fidufis 55021 xjodj xet xjev sep vji mudu cigusi vji neop QDC foif. Tu katv piif ov vu txovdj e simez epf emvis FDD vu FD et vjev xjev vji umf qdc fof cigusi ov geomif

Nepz vjeplt

Efen
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Back