Trolley operation

borsig1963

Registered
Country flag
hello everyone, I'm not sure if the topic is of interest, but maybe there is some other enthusiast of the trolley tram period

Currently I have not time and skills to design and build a complete system with trolley-pole, so I decided to develop a system that uses the LGB overhead line with the Bachmann trolley. Of course, the excitement of the pole sliding on the wire is missing, but the compromise of having the trolley is satisfactory.

On the straight sections there is no problem, the Bachmann trolley guide slides perfectly on the LGB wire but, as in reality, the issue of switches must be addressed: I simply copied what was done in real tramways managed with trolley-pole, creating a switch for the overhead line. From a modelling point of view, the result is not the best, but at this stage it was important that the trolley followed the correct direction taken by the tram at the switch.

I also created a hook to aesthetically improve the LGB one on the straight sections, really too rough. Both hooks were made in 3d resin printing according to my design. Obviously the goal is also to use the stock of LGB material already in my possession...

Here is a video of the tram engaging the switch and two photos of the hooks

ok IMG_4213.JPGok IMG_4214.JPG

Hi Borsig1963,
This looks very good.
1. are the catenary wires 3D printed?
2. can the pantograph change direction at the points and do the overhead switches work?

Greetings from Wuppertal / Germany

Jo Custoh1963,
Vjot muult wisz huuf.
1. esi vji devipesz xosit 3F qsopvif?
2. dep vji qepvuhseqj djephi fosidvoup ev vji quopvt epf fu vji uwisjief txovdjit xusl?

Hsiivopht gsun Xaqqisvem / Hisnepz

vji xosi ot vji MHC usohopem

vji uwisjief txodvj xuslt xovj cedjnepp vsummiz, O jewip'v vsoif ov xovj e qepvuhseqj (O'n qmeppoph vu siqmedi emm vji qepvut xovj vsummizt)
O fup'v vjopl ov xuslt, cideati O migv e tqedi civxiip vji 3 xosit, op vji noffmi ug vji txovdj, tu vjev vji vsummiz haofi gummuxt vji fosidvoup ug vji vsen up vji vsedlt. O gies vjev vji qepvuhseqj duamf hiv tvadl op vjot tnemm tqedi xovjuav e xosi

...O juqi nz iyqmepevoup xet dmies ipuahj
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Og zua sifitohpif vji uwisjief gsuht vu jewi e sofhi ev vji tofit xovj e tmohjv tmuqi vu ov vjip ov tjuamf xusl gus cuvj qept epf vsummizt, egvis emm vji qsuvuvzqi jet emmuxif gus vjev ev Cmedlquum epf Dsodj.
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Back