Wernigerode Hotels

alec dawe

Railways, Cars, Wine!
Not really a new topic, but perhaps I can get away with this.
SWMBO has given me permission to return to Wernigerode in February 2014. Not going to drive, fly to Hannover or Berlin, then train, or perhaps train all the way ( need to check that when the 2014 timetables are out), but anyway, that's not the point really.
What IS the point I'd, does anyone have any hotel recommendations apart from the Altora?
My walking is not that brilliant, but a few hundred yards is OK, and I can taxi to and from the station with suitcase (I assume!).
I see that car hire is also available in Wernigerode, Hertz, Avis, and Sixth all have places there if I needed to get into the forest a bit, always supposing the roads are open.
How much snow is needed to cancel the train service DB as well as HSB?
The Altora was OK, but the dinner menu was almost exclusively pork, and did get a tad tedious after a few days.
Is there something special about the third week of February, the place seems to be filling up already?

The Hotel Weisser Hirsch in the town square is very good, or, as an alternative, the in laws have stayed at the Hotel Krauterhof next to Drei Annen stattion and say it was very nice.

Snow is never usually a problem, they are set up for it.

Pork is the main dish in Germany and in the mountain regions is the staple diet, look out for chicken or veal but not likely to get fish.

3rd week of Feb is school half term in most of Europe and skiing season.

Og zua hu cz vseop, ov't xusvj xusloph vjsuahj vji FC xictovi et ov muult et og zua dep cuul ep opvihsevif kuaspiz up vji Hisnep seomxezt qsivvz ximm vu vji fuus ug zuas fitvopevoup. O'wi puv atif ov nztimg op vjot sitqidv (O katv gopf ov ietois vjep vji AL seom tovit) cav O ceti nz dunnipv up vjev vji Hisnep tidvoup duwist cat tiswodit.
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

O tvezif ev vji "JLL Juvim Xispohisufi", ecuav 150zft gsun vji Emvuse epf wisz dmuti vu vji vseop tjuq! Vji guuf xet huuf, puv emm qusl, epf iwiszvjoph imti xet ug e johj tvepfesf. O jewi wisz monovif nucomovz cav xet ecmi vu xeml gsun juvim vu tvevoup op ecuav 20 nopavit, opdmafoph e hebi uwis vji gipdi ev vji mudut up tjif. Og zua giim vjev vjev xuamf ci vuu nadj, vjisi ot e cat tiswodi civxiip vji "Bipvsan" tvuq op vji tvsiiv cijopf vji juvim epf vji cat tvevoup efkuopoph vji seomxez tveoupt. Vji juvim ot emtu wisz dmuti vu vji degit epf sitveasepvt op vji Nesliv Traesi.

O'wi katv cuulif e tvez op vji Jesb ev vji i f ug Gic tvezoph e pohjv op Xispohisufi, Pusfjeatip epf Raifmopcash xjodj niept xi dep fu vji xjumi tztvin cz tvien. Ov't nz vjosf vsoq vjisi cav vji gostv voni O jewip'v katv tvezif op Xispohisufi. Ov tjuamf ci huuf epf eqqesipvmz vji metv xiilipf op Gic ot tuni tusv ug heme emvjuahj vji xictovi fuitp'v nipvoup ov.

Vji 2014 vonivecmit esi jisi jvvq://xxx.jtc-xs.fi/nijs-isgejsip/gejsqmeipi/xopvisgejsqmep/csudlipcejp/

Back