Wiring up battery DCC RC system using ESU V3.5 decoder, Phoenix 2K2 (DCC compatible) sound card and Revolution DCC receiver

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
Country flag
Hi All
I am not sure if this should be in the Battery or the DCC forum so here goes....

It is becoming a pain to clean my track partially due to where it runs as well as using live steam.
I am changing as many locos as I can to Battery DCC RC control.
I have many ESU XL V3.5 DCC decoders and Phoenix cards. Although the ESU cards are motive and sound, I do want to use the Phoenix 2K2 sound boards, that I have, for some of the locos as the sounds are even better than in ESU's sound library.

I have used the DC version of the Crest/Precision-Electronics Train Engineer Revolution RC system and found it great to use. So their Revolution DCC RC system seems to be the way to go for me.

So I was wondering if any one had done a lash up battery system using the components mentioned (ESU DCC decoder, Phoenix 2K2 sound board and the Revolution DCC RC receiver).
Are there any wiring issues that I should watch out for eg like the 2K2 ground trigger wire and DCC decoder ground must not be connected etc.

The makes of my locos are Aristocraft diesels, Bachmann geared locos (Shay Climax and Heisler) 4-6-0 (latest two versions of Annies) and a C19, USA Trains diesels.

1721148265627.png
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Back