1:24 double decker bus

Presumably still this one - seen in August 1999..........

View attachment 225607

At least I was able to travel on the scheduled helicopter service from Penzance on my one and only visit to the Islands. That stopped a few years back now.
That's the boy!

We have traveled there by all public transport modes now - the Scillonian (twice) the Helicopter (when it was in operation) and plane (Twin Otter from Bristol)

The Helicopters were the same ones that were used by a civilian operation contracted to the military for personnel transport in the Falklands. Thus, when you sat in the pre-flight briefing room, with all of your weatherproof gear and your 4-seasons sleeping bag, the safety video shower pictures of people in shorts and T-shirts, in balmy sunny weather embarking at Penzance :mask::mask::mask:

That's the boy!

We have traveled there by all public transport modes now - the Scillonian (twice) the Helicopter (when it was in operation) and plane (Twin Otter from Bristol)

The Helicopters were the same ones that were used by a civilian operation contracted to the military for personnel transport in the Falklands. Thus, when you sat in the pre-flight briefing room, with all of your weatherproof gear and your 4-seasons sleeping bag, the safety video shower pictures of people in shorts and T-shirts, in balmy sunny weather embarking at Penzance :mask::mask::mask:

Bit off topic now, but I think this is the one I travelled on for one leg of the day trip - seen landing on St Marys airfield later in the day.......

99-539a.JPG

Quite a pleasant journey on it, from memory. At least they didn't do a high speed "burn up" along the runway of a Hungarian airbase, about 3 foot off the ground, which is what I did in a chartered Hungarian Airforce Mil-17 helicopter two years previous to the Scilly isles trip!

Cov ugg vuqod pux, cav O vjopl vjot ot vji upi O vsewimmif up gus upi mih ug vji fez vsoq - tiip mepfoph up Tv Neszt eosgoimf mevis op vji fez.......

View attachment 225622

Raovi e qmietepv kuaspiz up ov, gsun ninusz. Ev mietv vjiz fofp'v fu e johj tqiif "casp aq" emuph vji sapxez ug e Japhesoep eosceti, ecuav 3 guuv ugg vji hsuapf, xjodj ot xjev O fof op e djesvisif Japhesoep Eosgusdi Nom-17 jimoduqvis vxu ziest qsiwouat vu vji Tdommz otmit vsoq!
Pu, Vsitdu ot vji nusi iyedvoph mepfoph tovi - ov't vji dsodliv qovdj. Uas loft xisi raovi tnemm xjip xi xipv cz djuqqis, epf huv opwovif aq gsupv vu tii vji qomuv :puf::puf:

Juxiwis vji Vxop Uvvis xet raovi iydovoph cuvj mepfoph epf veloph ugg gsun Tv Nesz't.

Mepfoph - up vji eqqsuedj gsun vji tuavj, et vji Vxop Uvvis ot tu ietz vu liiq emugv, vji qomuv jet vu gmz ov fuxp; tvseohjv ev vji dmoggt :iil::iil::iil: cideati nutv ug vji qettiphist dep tii tvseohjv uav vji gsupv :vno::vno:

Veli ugg - zua tov vjisi xjomi vjiz csoph cuvj iphopit aq vu gamm quxis xovj vji qmepi wocsevoph epf tjeloph esuapf; vjip simieti vji cselit xovj e gepvetvod deveqamv iggidv >:)>:)>:)>:)

Juuhi gap - epf O'n puv e muwis ug gmzoph.

O fup'v vjopl vjiz tvomm fu vji Vxop Uvvis gmohjvt gsun Csotvum, tu xi siwisvif vu vji Tdommupoep gus vji metv wotov
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Vjot upi mowit pies ni..........

Tvomm op sihames ati gus iydastoupt, vuu.

ved
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Back