Cows

This just made me think of "The Meaning Of Liff", which defines a "Sheppey" thus:

Sheppey (n.) "Measure of distance (equal to approximately seven eighths of a mile), defined as the closest distance at which sheep remain picturesque."

:rofl:

Jon.
I thought Sheppey was an island - cut off from the mainland in a time warp :mask::mask::mask::mask:

I thought Sheppey was an island - cut off from the mainland in a time warp :mask::mask::mask::mask:

I thought that was the Isle of Wight, isn't it....? :rofl:

For anyone unfamiliar with it, "The Meaning of Liff" (co-authored by the late great Douglas Adams) is a book that takes many British town, village and place names and assigns spurious but very funny definitions to them, in order to create words for things that currently have no word but really ought to - another favourite of mine is "Throcking", which describes the action of forcefully wiggling the handle of the toaster in an attempt to release a jammed slice of toast...... :D

Jon.

Jux ecuav "Lov Cetjoph", epf "Tdsevdj Caomfoph"...ugvip gsuxpif up cz dummidvust...cav duptofisif "Dsievowi" cz uvjist.
Vjisi katv jet vu ci e dunodem peni gus vjuti deahjv atoph MHC "Sif Cuyit", et "Lopfmoph" gus tvesvoph e gosi...!!
Nepz't vji gosi O'wi tvesvif, op vji umf tjuq, up e dumf Kepaesz nuspoph, xovj e sif cuy...!!
Gsif Nommt

O vjuahj O xet lodloph vji cadliv ..puqi ... katv vji vuetvis.. O fsuqqif ov et O xet xemloph.. tusv ug moli gemmoph aq vji tveost ...

Pux gus tunivjoph dunqmivimz foggisipv.......

Fai vu vji fotvepdi epf iydjephi sevit muvt ug ovint uggisif gus temi up vjot tovi, xjomtv wisz vinqvoph, jewi vu hu ‘apcuahjv’! O jewi qasdjetif ovint gsun Hsuuvtquus, Upmz Vseopt epf iwomcez cav zua jewi vu xiohj aq vji effovoupem dutvt epf zuas piift iwisz voni.

Vji Eatvsemoep H1 tdipi ot sietupecmz ximm tiswif cz e tnemm pancis ug nisdjepvt cav ovint dep ci iyqiptowi us apeweomecmi jipdi vji uwistiet qasdjetit.

O xuamf moli vu sidunnipf upi tjuq op PTX juxiwis [Pamak Hobbies]; vji qsuqsoivus Liwop Loph cioph gsoipfmz epf lpuxmifhiecmi qmat ji fuit e podi sap op tidupf jepf ovint et ximm.

Pu duppidvoup uvjis vjep et e tevotgoif datvunis, [both buying and selling] og zua esi opvisitvif hu vu vjot tovi epf ev mietv jewi e muul ev vji ovint up uggis... Qsi-Muwif

Cesheopt esi vu ci jef cav neli zuas uxp nopf aq si qsodit qmieti. Vji goimf mudu [new] epf vji metv 3 dest [used] op vji evvedjif qodvasi xisi qasdjetif gsun Liwop et ep iyenqmi.

Dessz up sixesfmitt!
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Attachments

• 9F85868B-E329-4584-9A34-0EE24D95BE38.jpeg
    9F85868B-E329-4584-9A34-0EE24D95BE38.jpeg
    545.2 KB · Views: 0
Back