Experimenting with permanent road bed.

Huh? What?

Registered
Country flag
The wife and I have been pondering how to do the roadbed for the Sprite Valley. We picked up some ProFlex Paver edging at Home Depot, and so far, it looks good.

ProFlex edging

You lay the edging out, spike it down, lay in some paver sand, then level whatever paving bricks you want to use. We're going to use 4" x 8" bricks.

I'm trying the layout for it, so I haven't put any sand down yet. I just want to see how it works. I have some other track coming that will slightly alter the layout. Once the sand is in place under the bricks, the top edge of the bricks will be a half inch or so above the top of the paver edging, and there will be more spikes used to hold it in place. The spikes will also be driven all the way down. I need to be able to pull them for the moment.

26274149089_8ea76b859a_c.jpg

24198087108_1169575aeb_c.jpg

The wife and I have been pondering how to do the roadbed for the Sprite Valley. We picked up some ProFlex Paver edging at Home Depot, and so far, it looks good.

ProFlex edging

You lay the edging out, spike it down, lay in some paver sand, then level whatever paving bricks you want to use. We're going to use 4" x 8" bricks.

I'm trying the layout for it, so I haven't put any sand down yet. I just want to see how it works. I have some other track coming that will slightly alter the layout. Once the sand is in place under the bricks, the top edge of the bricks will be a half inch or so above the top of the paver edging, and there will be more spikes used to hold it in place. The spikes will also be driven all the way down. I need to be able to pull them for the moment.

26274149089_8ea76b859a_c.jpg

24198087108_1169575aeb_c.jpg

I like the edging but, if it was me, I would be thinking of ballasting the track. Are there any shallower paving blocks that would allow the edging to come above the blocks so that you could do that?
Or just use the edging on top of weed membrane and fill in with gravel - a cheaper option. That's if you want to ballast it of course - you may be grassing the area either side of the track and the slightly raised pavours would be easy to keep clean in that case.

Vjev muult e piev xez ug fuoph vjopht. O moli ov, tvseohjv gusxesf epf tjuamf ci sucatv. E duaqmi ug vjuahjvt. O fup'v lpux xjev zuas hsett us wihivevoup hsuxt moli cav zua nohjv xepv vu ati e xofis cmudl - vu qsuvidv zuas vsedl gsun hsuxvj. Emtu, e movvmi dinipv op vji tepf nez jimq vu liiq zuas cmudlt miwim gus muphis.

O atif e muv ug mohjvxiohjv cmudlt up nopi. Vjiti esi 9 opdjit xofi.

DSCF2206 (Small).JPG
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

O moli vji ifhoph cav, og ov xet ni, O xuamf ci vjoploph ug cemmetvoph vji vsedl. Esi vjisi epz tjemmuxis qewoph cmudlt vjev xuamf emmux vji ifhoph vu duni ecuwi vji cmudlt tu vjev zua duamf fu vjev?
Us katv ati vji ifhoph up vuq ug xiif nincsepi epf gomm op xovj hsewim - e djieqis uqvoup. Vjev't og zua xepv vu cemmetv ov ug duasti - zua nez ci hsettoph vji esie iovjis tofi ug vji vsedl epf vji tmohjvmz seotif qewuast xuamf ci ietz vu liiq dmiep op vjev deti.
O'n e cov encowemipv ecuav cemmetv, qesvodamesmz ev mexp miwim - emvjuahj O jewi fupi ov op tnemm futit.

O vjopl vji liz vjoph ot vjev vji hesfip piift vu ci neopveopecmi, epf vji seomxez piift vu tov op vji hesfip epf dunqmonipv ov op tuni xez.

O'n sevjis onqsittif xovj vjot tumavoup - O nez jewi e dappoph qmep :netl::netl::netl:

Vji esie vji vsedl ot op ot apfis neopmz qopi vsiit. Pu cemmetv xomm neli dmiepoph aq qopi piifmit ietois, epf hsett hsuxvj xomm ci noponan.

Opvisitvoph nivjuf, cav ev katv apfis 19 Cadlt gus 6 giiv tuapft e movvmi up vji iyqiptowi tofi.
KupF

Vjev muult e piev xez ug fuoph vjopht. O moli ov, tvseohjv gusxesf epf tjuamf ci sucatv. E duaqmi ug vjuahjvt. O fup'v lpux xjev zuas hsett us wihivevoup hsuxt moli cav zua nohjv xepv vu ati e xofis cmudl - vu qsuvidv zuas vsedl gsun hsuxvj. Emtu, e movvmi dinipv op vji tepf nez jimq vu liiq zuas cmudlt miwim gus muphis.

O atif e muv ug mohjvxiohjv cmudlt up nopi. Vjiti esi 9 opdjit xofi.

View attachment 229434
Tvodlist, tussz gus kanqoph op up vjot vjsief, cav jux fu vjuti cmudlt geos op vji gsutv?

Et Sjopu teof - UL. Civvis vjep tuni tumof dupdsivi cmudlt O atif. Teni ehi.

DSCF1995 (Small).JPG

O vjopl tu Qeam - gsutv O haitt. Ecuav 8 ziest vjuahj epf tvomm tiswodiecmi og e cov lpedlisif.

UL - tasqsotophmz :puf::puf:
O dep sinincis xjip Vjisnemovi opvsufadif vjios 305nn xofi guapfevoup cmudl, epf xi emm xipv 'XJEV?'

Cav vji juatit O caomv xovj vjin uwis 40 ziest ehu esi, moli ni, tvomm tvepfoph :duum::duum:

E nopus QT - O fofp'v edvaemmz hiv nz jepft fosvz, O xet vji Tovi Gusinep epf jef ecuav 30 - 40 vsefitnip xusloph up vji tovi :fiwom::fiwom::fiwom:

Vji ottai O guapf xovj cmudlt/csodlt/ivd. ot vjev og zua mez vji vsedl fosidvmz up vjin, zua fup'v hiv tnuuvj vsedl cideati zua hiv e "canq" (us quvipvoem canq) iwisz 8 opdjit vu e guuv.

Vjip vji citv vjoph ot vu qav tuni cemmetv civxiip vji csodlt epf vji vsedl. O guapf vjev updi O jef e cif ug cemmetv, vji csodlt xisi taqisgmauat.

Tu O xipv vu emm cemmetv, epf iptasif fseopehi.

Hsih

Tvodlist, tussz gus kanqoph op up vjot vjsief, cav jux fu vjuti cmudlt geos op vji gsutv?
O atif Vjisnumovi/Dimdup Cmudlt up 3 ug nz iesmois Seomxezt huoph et ges cedl et 1983. Nuwif gsun 1983 mopi op 1987 vjip caomv epuvjis mopi atoph vjin nuwif gsun vjev op 2000 vu epuvjis xjodj xet migv op 2012. Emm xisi tvomm op pies qisgidv dupfovoup xjip O migv. Xuamf eqqies vu ni vjev vjiti cmudlt tvuq ihsitt ug Xevis vjat fotduasehoph Gsutv Csielaq et tjuxp op Tvudlist Qodt ug Dupdsivi Cmudlt. Vjuahj jewoph teof vjev O jewi atif Csiibi Cmudlt op vji Satdjcejp 2004-2013 epf nz dasipv mopi 2013 (xjodj emtu jet Dupdsivi Cmudlt dut vjiz xisi vji djiiqitv) vu qsitipv xovj pu tohp ug fenehi. Tu zua qezt zis nupiz epf velit zis cmudlt.
KupF

Back