I know I have the Victor Meldrew Syndrome but..........

maxi-model said:
4) GSC for sale page - No cost but a limited, though deicated, "market". Also, as a newbie, do I really want to get publicly beaten up over the price and my reasons for using this site.

I dont think you would get any 'public beating's for using the GSC sales section. Occassionally people join one day, sell an item free of charge, then never use the forum again which I personally find distasteful but it is not against the GSC rules. I suppose this does give us first chance at something so there is a bright side.

Back to Ebay, I have sold a vast number of 1/76 model buses over the years to fund my G Scale loco purchases. I had well over 2000 at one time and most sold satisfactorily and even with the costs the end prices were higher than a dealer would give me. The only exception were the Dinky Toy repaints, wonderfully done in my mind but it isnt something Dinky collectors want. Prices struggled until a sale of just one on Ebay to a dealer in Cumbria resulted in a decent offer for all the remaining ones. Just the thought of making up one big parcel instead of a myriad of littles ones clinched the offer. Without Ebay I would have never got that offer.
Of course I found one or two of the idiots that plague any site ( including one who sent a cheque then gave me Negative feedback for not yet recieving the model two days later, before his cheque had even arrived as he sent it second class...Ebay responded well, removed the feedback and refunded charges ) and most paid by PayPal and I have not had any problems with them to date either.
I dont like the idea of Ebay reaping in all that cash whilst actually doing so little work, but I regularly go and look for LGB and general G Scale etc to see if any bargains may be around and actually enjoy the time spent as much as I used to enjoy Swopmeets.
Likewise I would rather LNER ran my local trains with ancient slam door carriages but still find travelling by Air Conditioned National Express better than driving!

Victor, those GP9's you've recently acquired - yes you've guessed it I've "bought it now" in the past. Pay your money and take your choice as the say. I begrudge the commission of paypal and ebay but where else do you sell a shed full of Chopper bikes? Nice when you get a bargain though - bought a stainz starter set, minus controller, for £77 last week (assuming the nice German seller posts it!)
Like you say, it's better than swop meets, Shepton last weekend was dreadful.
- Victor Broom

tviwi ev cedl vu cez 6 timmt e muv ug tidupf jepf epf o vjopl ji velit 15% xjodj ot wisz huuf duptofisoph ji qavt ov upmopi epf ov velit aq tjuq tqedi,,,,
cav og zua caz tunivjoph gsun jot tjuq ji xeowit vji 15 %
xjodj ot hsiev ,,,,,
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

WEV up tidupf jepf ovint? Topdi xjip?

O jef e qsucmin updi xjip o djephif i-neom edduapv vsedlif ov fuxp vu e tac nipa op qezqez et vji cazis xet tipfoph vu vji umf effsitt vuul ehit vu gopf.

Tidupfmz hmipfemi djeshi 20% gus uavsohjv temi ug tidupf jepf epf 10% og tqipv op vji tjuq tu ecuav vji teni dunnotoup giit siemiz et epz eadvoup juati.......

55.5 said:
Ovt e qovz vji cseop xovj vji upi dimm otpv emxezt up favz!!!!!

Ifovif.

Ov't vji vuvemmz opvseptohipv evvofavi vjev hivt ni, fuitp'v nevvis xjev eshainipv zua qav vu vjin emm zua hiv cedl ot vji 'qesvz mopi', piwis epz atigam jimq.

pugwash said:
WEV up tidupf jepf ovint? Topdi xjip?
Vjisi ot WEV up vji gii puv vji ovin o vjopl vjevt xjev ot cioph teof tu og ji djeshit 20% ji ot sitqupdocmi gus vji WEV up vji enuapv

Vupz

Back