Stainz Spare Parts

Thank you for all your replies. They are much appreciated.

Update

The Track is quite new 1-2 yrs old the other was quite worn. I’m told the wheels where hitting the sleepers in places. The replacement track in Peco flexi track which I’m told is only good for 500hrs of use where as the LGB track is rated for 2000hrs.

The track runs at around 10’ off the ground and one section is near an oven so is in the firing line of quite a bit of heat at times.
It is only bolted down at irregular intervals so that will need attention.

Dunnyrail thank you for your help the speed controller is set just below maximum which is about ok for speed. 24V would look like an express going through Carnforth Station and frighten all the kids. The 12V supply wire will be the next upgrade. I have already shortened it which seems to have improved things.

As for the two Stainz locos I have taken them to P&S Hobbies & Models in York for inspection. I was told there are over 20 different specifications of Stains some with different linkage lengths.

I will keep you posted.
Re your Flanges hitting the Sleepers, sounds like you have an oldish Stainz. These had deeper Flanges and could indeed wollop the Chairs that the Rail sits in if it is Gauge 1 rather than G45 Rail.

Just a question, is the Track the Gauge 1 (Code 200) or is it the proper Peco G45 (Code 250). As you can see there is a difference in the Rail Depth which could be what is driving the Hours of use, sorry to say I have never heard such stuff. I think that statement should be taken with a very large pinch of Salt.
JonD
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Back