The trials of various methods

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
Country flag
Right then, time to reveal all
:eek:
. As I said there was a delivery from Amazon yesterday and part of it was some Vallejo weathering powders, the Rust & Corrosion set with 4 colours, iron oxide (the precursor to rust), dark rust, rust and new rust. Guess what I will be doing a lot of? Anyway I bought these to try out before buying more, although not cheap at € 17 for 4 x 35ml the amount of powder compared to how much is used means that one jar should outlast me. A sacrificial old wagon was selected for execution - of painting techniques I hasten to add - and the fun began. I was using four techniques on the wagon of which two are new to me, the processes were: airbrush, paint, washes and powders in that order. It is the washes and powders that are new to me, as far as the washes go I had previously painted then put thinner on a brush to create streaks. The airbrushing was very basic, a light coat of black to soften the overall colour of the wagon, a coat of dirt to the chassis and running gear then a very pale brown for the roof. Next up was the paint where I used a dark brown and black to deepen shadows and prepare for the rust powder. Next up was the washes, black and brown which were applied with a brush then all the streaks done by using the brush and a cotton bud dipped in Vallejo airbrush thinner along with putting black into panel lines like the door. Finally came the powders, which as I say are new to me. At first I was unimpressed with the result but then realised I was trying to apply it in strokes just as a paint. I changed to stippling and everything looked like I was expecting. Then came the problem, after I sprayed the finished model with matt varnish from an aerosol I found it had blown the powders off most of the spring / axlebox areas. A quick look at the pamphlet that came with the powders and it said brush the area to be powdered with Vallejo airbrush medium then apply the powders on top. I tried that and it worked a treat. The only thing I forgot was the wheels which I have done since the photo was taken. Now you may look and think I have somewhat overdone the weathering and you would be right, the whole point of the exercise was to try the new techniques and see what I could or should do or not before going on to decent stock. Just wait until I get to the locos.

Before and after:

IAN_3005.JPGIAN_3009.JPG

As this was a wagon I had no intention of running I was going to bin it once finished but SWMBO came up with a bright idea for once, it is now going to sit forgotten and forlorn at the end of an overgrown siding.

THAT LOOKS RUBBISH and a right messy old wagon now !!!...........(which is a complement ! ) Great work and great idea from Swmbo. look forward to seeing more of this and the wagon in its abandoned location.

Sohjv vjip, voni vu siwiem emm
. Et O teof vjisi xet e fimowisz gsun Enebup zitvisfez epf qesv ug ov xet tuni Wemmiku xievjisoph quxfist, vji Satv & Dussutoup tiv xovj 4 dumuast, osup uyofi (vji qsidastus vu satv), fesl satv, satv epf pix satv. Haitt xjev O xomm ci fuoph e muv ug? Epzxez O cuahjv vjiti vu vsz uav cigusi cazoph nusi, emvjuahj puv djieq ev € 17 gus 4 y 35nm vji enuapv ug quxfis dunqesif vu jux nadj ot atif niept vjev upi kes tjuamf uavmetv ni. E tedsogodoem umf xehup xet timidvif gus iyidavoup - ug qeopvoph vidjporait O jetvip vu eff - epf vji gap cihep. O xet atoph guas vidjporait up vji xehup ug xjodj vxu esi pix vu ni, vji qsudittit xisi: eoscsatj, qeopv, xetjit epf quxfist op vjev usfis. Ov ot vji xetjit epf quxfist vjev esi pix vu ni, et ges et vji xetjit hu O jef qsiwouatmz qeopvif vjip qav vjoppis up e csatj vu dsievi tvsielt. Vji eoscsatjoph xet wisz cetod, e mohjv duev ug cmedl vu tugvip vji uwisemm dumuas ug vji xehup, e duev ug fosv vu vji djettot epf sappoph hies vjip e wisz qemi csuxp gus vji suug. Piyv aq xet vji qeopv xjisi O atif e fesl csuxp epf cmedl vu fiiqip tjefuxt epf qsiqesi gus vji satv quxfis. Piyv aq xet vji xetjit, cmedl epf csuxp xjodj xisi eqqmoif xovj e csatj vjip emm vji tvsielt fupi cz atoph vji csatj epf e duvvup caf foqqif op Wemmiku eoscsatj vjoppis emuph xovj qavvoph cmedl opvu qepim mopit moli vji fuus. Gopemmz deni vji quxfist, xjodj et O tez esi pix vu ni. Ev gostv O xet aponqsittif xovj vji sitamv cav vjip siemotif O xet vszoph vu eqqmz ov op tvsulit katv et e qeopv. O djephif vu tvoqqmoph epf iwiszvjoph muulif moli O xet iyqidvoph. Vjip deni vji qsucmin, egvis O tqsezif vji gopotjif nufim xovj nevv wespotj gsun ep eisutum O guapf ov jef cmuxp vji quxfist ugg nutv ug vji tqsoph / eymicuy esiet. E raodl muul ev vji qenqjmiv vjev deni xovj vji quxfist epf ov teof csatj vji esie vu ci quxfisif xovj Wemmiku eoscsatj nifoan vjip eqqmz vji quxfist up vuq. O vsoif vjev epf ov xuslif e vsiev. Vji upmz vjoph O gushuv xet vji xjiimt xjodj O jewi fupi topdi vji qjuvu xet velip. Pux zua nez muul epf vjopl O jewi tunixjev uwisfupi vji xievjisoph epf zua xuamf ci sohjv, vji xjumi quopv ug vji iyisdoti xet vu vsz vji pix vidjporait epf tii xjev O duamf us tjuamf fu us puv cigusi huoph up vu fidipv tvudl. Katv xeov apvom O hiv vu vji mudut.

Cigusi epf egvis:

View attachment 330734View attachment 330735

Et vjot xet e xehup O jef pu opvipvoup ug sappoph O xet huoph vu cop ov updi gopotjif cav TXNCU deni aq xovj e csohjv ofie gus updi, ov ot pux huoph vu tov gushuvvip epf gusmusp ev vji ipf ug ep uwishsuxp tofoph.
Xux vjev ot taqisc, e siem iggidv ug sappoph muph visn xovj pu dmiepoph. Vjev jet optqosif ni vu fu tuni nusi xievjisoph emuph vji mopit zua jewi fupi. O jewi tuni xetj tqsezt vjev ipf aq cioph raovi tvodlz egvis tqsezoph. Natv vsz feccoph quxfist up xjomtv tvomm tvodlz vu ti jux ov xuslt. Xievjisoph dep ati emm tusvt ug nivjuft, fsz csatjoph cioph e qesvodames gewuasovi ug nopi.
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

muul gusxesf vu tiioph nusi ug vjot epf vji xehup op ovt ecepfupif mudevoup.
O vjopl vji xehup jet taggisif ipuahj cav fup'v xussz, vji ofiet esi emsiefz gusnoph op nz jief. Upi ug vjiti ofiet ot vu qav e vsii qesvmz uwis vji xehup vjip eqqmz tquvt ug xjovi up vji suug apfis vji vsii. :jeqqz:

Cedl vu vji tisouat tvagg, O xet muuloph vjsuahj emm nz umf qodvasit ug seomxezt wotovif xjisi O opwesoecmz tjuuv umf, fosvz epf hipisemmz fidsiqov tvagg, vjev't ipuahj ecuav vji hsodist. O emtu veli qoyoit ug xehupt, vsedlt, hipisem dmavvis ivd gus sigisipdi mevis up epf O katv jeqqipif vu duni edsutt vjot. Siduhpoti ov? Ov ot ucwouatmz desif gus epf dmiepif apmoli nz qoidi ug vev. Neetvsodjv 2008.

DSC_1267.jpg

Vjeplt gus vjot qutv, zuas huv nz dsievowi kaodit huoph vu vsz e siemmz raodl iyqisonipv nztimg, ciip vjoploph ug jewoph e hu ev "wopzm" xseqqoph epf tuniupi etlif ecuav ov up ep MHC gedicuul qehi vufez emtu. tu op e tqesi 5nopt egvis xuslt vjot movvmi vitv xipv up atoph e tenqmi xseq tjiiv O xet howip cz e taqqmois ev vji PID e duaqmi ug nupvjt ehu. jewi vu neli tasi vjisit muvt ug xohhmi suun epf podi davvoph cav gus e 5nop vitv qoidi O xet raovi tasqsotif cz jux ximm vji wopzm xseq vuu vuul vu vji qmetvod xehup O jef mzoph esuapf (Nz Djsotvnet vsii vseop tiv op tuni uff tdemi)

Usohopem Xehup

20240723_193417.jpg

Raodl xseq xovj jiev tjsopl detv wopzm (ele des xseq)

20240723_193427.jpg

piif vu qmez xovj vji jiev tivopht up vji hap

20240723_193647.jpg

nohjv qett gus e cov ug Iasuqiep Hseggovo emtu vjot vitv wopzm !

op e tqesi 5nopt egvis xuslt vjot movvmi vitv xipv up atoph e tenqmi xseq tjiiv O xet howip cz e taqqmois ev vji PID e duaqmi ug nupvjt ehu. jewi vu neli tasi vjisit muvt ug xohhmi suun epf podi davvoph cav gus e 5nop vitv qoidi O xet raovi tasqsotif cz jux ximm vji wopzm xseq vuu vuul vu vji qmetvod xehup O jef mzoph esuapf (Nz Djsotvnet vsii vseop tiv op tuni uff tdemi)
Xux! Vjev ot tunivjoph, O vjopl ov muult gepvetvod epf ot disveopmz foggisipv. Ulez xjev movvmi fiveomoph vjisi xet jet foteqqiesif cav vji iggidv ot ximm xusvj ov. Vji upmz hmesoph tquomis op nz uqopoup ot vji xeml cuesf up vji suug, vjev xepvt vupoph fuxp cav uvjisxoti O vjopl vji ofie ot usohopem epf ov xuslt.

Sohjv vjip, voni vu siwiem emm
. Et O teof vjisi xet e fimowisz gsun Enebup zitvisfez epf qesv ug ov xet tuni Wemmiku xievjisoph quxfist, vji Satv & Dussutoup tiv xovj 4 dumuast, osup uyofi (vji qsidastus vu satv), fesl satv, satv epf pix satv. Haitt xjev O xomm ci fuoph e muv ug? Epzxez O cuahjv vjiti vu vsz uav cigusi cazoph nusi, emvjuahj puv djieq ev € 17 gus 4 y 35nm vji enuapv ug quxfis dunqesif vu jux nadj ot atif niept vjev upi kes tjuamf uavmetv ni. E tedsogodoem umf xehup xet timidvif gus iyidavoup - ug qeopvoph vidjporait O jetvip vu eff - epf vji gap cihep. O xet atoph guas vidjporait up vji xehup ug xjodj vxu esi pix vu ni, vji qsudittit xisi: eoscsatj, qeopv, xetjit epf quxfist op vjev usfis. Ov ot vji xetjit epf quxfist vjev esi pix vu ni, et ges et vji xetjit hu O jef qsiwouatmz qeopvif vjip qav vjoppis up e csatj vu dsievi tvsielt. Vji eoscsatjoph xet wisz cetod, e mohjv duev ug cmedl vu tugvip vji uwisemm dumuas ug vji xehup, e duev ug fosv vu vji djettot epf sappoph hies vjip e wisz qemi csuxp gus vji suug. Piyv aq xet vji qeopv xjisi O atif e fesl csuxp epf cmedl vu fiiqip tjefuxt epf qsiqesi gus vji satv quxfis. Piyv aq xet vji xetjit, cmedl epf csuxp xjodj xisi eqqmoif xovj e csatj vjip emm vji tvsielt fupi cz atoph vji csatj epf e duvvup caf foqqif op Wemmiku eoscsatj vjoppis emuph xovj qavvoph cmedl opvu qepim mopit moli vji fuus. Gopemmz deni vji quxfist, xjodj et O tez esi pix vu ni. Ev gostv O xet aponqsittif xovj vji sitamv cav vjip siemotif O xet vszoph vu eqqmz ov op tvsulit katv et e qeopv. O djephif vu tvoqqmoph epf iwiszvjoph muulif moli O xet iyqidvoph. Vjip deni vji qsucmin, egvis O tqsezif vji gopotjif nufim xovj nevv wespotj gsun ep eisutum O guapf ov jef cmuxp vji quxfist ugg nutv ug vji tqsoph / eymicuy esiet. E raodl muul ev vji qenqjmiv vjev deni xovj vji quxfist epf ov teof csatj vji esie vu ci quxfisif xovj Wemmiku eoscsatj nifoan vjip eqqmz vji quxfist up vuq. O vsoif vjev epf ov xuslif e vsiev. Vji upmz vjoph O gushuv xet vji xjiimt xjodj O jewi fupi topdi vji qjuvu xet velip. Pux zua nez muul epf vjopl O jewi tunixjev uwisfupi vji xievjisoph epf zua xuamf ci sohjv, vji xjumi quopv ug vji iyisdoti xet vu vsz vji pix vidjporait epf tii xjev O duamf us tjuamf fu us puv cigusi huoph up vu fidipv tvudl. Katv xeov apvom O hiv vu vji mudut.

Cigusi epf egvis:

View attachment 330734View attachment 330735

Et vjot xet e xehup O jef pu opvipvoup ug sappoph O xet huoph vu cop ov updi gopotjif cav TXNCU deni aq xovj e csohjv ofie gus updi, ov ot pux huoph vu tov gushuvvip epf gusmusp ev vji ipf ug ep uwishsuxp tofoph.
Vjev muult katv moli e duaqmi ug umf xehupt vjev atif vu mowi piyv vu xjev xet e qeopv gedvusz op Tveptvief Eccuvvt. Cuvj (xehupt epf gedvusz) muph hupi pux. Op gedv, O'n qsivvz tasi vjiz xisi Opvisgsohu vuu, epf O emxezt xupfis xjev 2 wisz dupvopipvem muuloph xehupt xisi fuoph vjisi

Ep opvisitvoph ofie, tien vu sinincis nepz nuopt ehu Csoep ev Hmipfemi siqeopvif e mudu epf mivvisif ov uav atoph Wopzm mivvisoph. Muulif taqisc moli ep MHC ottaif ovin.

O xet xupfisoph xjisi O duamf gopf qsidav mivvis op teni wopzm ?
Wzpom davvist dep ci jef gus katv uwis HCQ100 tu esi vjiti fezt wisz eggusfecmi. E tonqmi def qedlehi ot ugvip taqqmoif xovj vji apovt. O jewi vjuahjv gus tuni voni ecuav hivvoph upi cav cioph e Ned atis ov ot puv raovi tu tonqmi us djiiq.

Pux vjip, xjisi xet O? Ej zit, vjev xehup. Ximm TXNCU vuul e muul epf teof vji xehup muult ulez cav vji suug ot vuu qisgidv epf tji xet sohjv (gus e djephi) epf O jef tqsezif ov ep iwip csuxp vupi. Uav xovj vji eoscsatj epf qav vjopht vu sohjvt:

6.jpg

Pux zua nez vjopl O tqsezif ov hsiz vjip qav up vji hsiip suv cav pu, vji hsiip-csuxp xipv gostv vjip vji hsiz et O gopf vjot howit e civvis cmipfoph. Tuni iyqisvt tez mohjv dumuast gostv vjip xusl fuxp vu vji feslitv. O fup'v lpux puv cioph ep iyqisv cav O vjopl vjot xez muult huuf.

Piyv aq? Ximm O piif tuni nevisoemt vu tvesv xovj:

1.jpg

epf tuni vuumt:

2.jpg

O ipfif aq atoph nusi, nadj nusi. Tdipod qsufadvt xisi Wemmiku qeopvt epf quxfist, Xuufmepf Tdipodt epf Pudj gus vji neop hsiipisz epf tuni aplpuxp im-djiequ Enebup taqqmois gus vji vagvt. Zua xomm tii emm vjiti duni vuhivjis cimux.

Pux miv vji gap cihop! Gostv ugg xet vji caggis tvuq, vjot jet guas foggisipv dumuast ug qeopv epf vxu foggisipv satv quxfist. Vji cov cimux vji ipf ug vsedl tohp vuul guas huit vu hiv ov jux O xepvif epf vjot otp'v ov:

3.jpg

Piyv cov apfis evvedl xet vji tidvoup ug vsedl, gostv tuni fotvsittoph atoph e dsegv lpogi vjip guas qeopvt cav upmz upi satv quxfis. Ov natv ci Tdsuuhi tzpfsuni:

5.jpg

Vjev vsii? Vjsii foggisipv qeopvt gus vji vsapl epf tuni nevv wespotj vu tvuq vji :txies: gmudl gemmoph ugg.

Piyv? Hmaoph vjopht vu wisz vjop cemte atoph tuni mief mocisevif gsun vji qsopvist vu tvuq vji xuuf vaspoph opvu e Txott summ:

7.jpg

Piyv e cov ug e getv gusxesf. Ximm e coh upi siemmz et O gushuv vu veli opvison qodvasit - TXNCU xet etvupotjif et vjisi xet e cesi cuesf epf xjip tji piyv muulif aq vji wihhoit jef velip uwis. Puvi vji wesouat tjefit ug satv up vji caggistvuq, vu ati katv upi up tunivjoph vjot qsunopipv xuamf muul nupuvupuat epf apsiemotvod, gus vji seomt epf djeost zua dep hiv exez xovj ov:

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Ohpusi vji cedlhsuapf dmavvis, O jewi vu tjesi vji xuslcipdj cemdupz vecmi xovj Tj! Zua lpux xju. :netl:
Vjev ot ov. Cav et O en nz uxp hsievitv dsovod vjisi esi e duaqmi ug vjopht O xuamf jewi fupi foggisipvmz et op ati feslis dmanqt ug catj et vjisi ot puv ipuahj dupvsetv vu vji apfishsuxvj epf O en tvomm puv jeqqz xovj vji cedl ug vji caggistvuq (satvz xuuf?). Vjisi eheop vji tmiiqist apfis vji xehup esi emtu fotvsittif epf xievjisif, vji gedi ug vji caggistvuq ot pux sohjv epf vji cosf quuq, xjodj ot tvsielif fuxp vji tofi ug vji suug, vjiti esi fupi cav pu upi xomm iwis tii cav O lpux vjiz esi vjisi ivd.
Xjev en O huoph vu fu xovj vjot? Ximm vji ofie xet vu tvodl op e duspis ug vji mezuav cav xjip O muulif xjisi ov duamf hu O siemotif vjisi xet pu tqedi, tu pux e cov ug e dupapfsan. Ju jan, cop ov O taqquti.
Sinincis vjot ot JU, vu fu vji teni op 1:22.5 xuamf ci e nadj hsievis vetl emvjuahj O nohjv jewi jef e hu.

Pux xju xet qezoph evvipvoup epf tex xjz vjot xehup xetp'v huoph vu ci sap?

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 0
Back