ebay mike's excursion destinations.

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
Country flag
This is a list of those who have expressed a desire to participate, which I will update, as and when, from posts on the original thread. Invites have already been received from overseas and I look forward to 'going abroad'. However, bearing in mind the potential cock-up after 31st December I think it would be prudent to deal with a chunk of the domestic visits in the first instance and then hop over the water for a quick world tour. I don't know what costs are like for International Mail, but I have tried to keep both size and weight to a minimum.
I will mark off the forumites I have been able to 'meet' and as a starting point suggest we proceed through the list in the order shown (unless advised it is not convenient). If the current host could message the next recipient for an address - or alternatively you may wish to advise your location to the person in front of you on the list - hopefully my journey will suffer no significant delays. If I've got anything wrong or missed someone out please message me.

Moderators note:
Please post pictures of Mike's visit on this thread: ebay Mike’s expedition THE PICTURES. - Just the pictures please. (gscalecentral.net)
Other discussion about this little trip can go on the original thread here: ebay mike's expedition | G Scale Central

Last updated 02/12/20

UK DESTINATIONS
dunnyrail 02/12/20
idlemarvel 06/12/20
Rhinochugger 15/12/20
PhilP 07/05/21
voodoopenguin 08/05/21
JimmyB 14/05/21
playmofire 06/06/21
Anglian 09/06/21
a98087 23/06/21
Tanker man 10/08/21
Paul M 01/09/21
The Shed 09/09/21
Wistow vale rlwy 21/09/21
kedwards 23/09/21
FrenchChuffed 24/09/21
Gizzy 08/10/21
Fezwig 22/10/21
LGB Sid
alcashj94 24/10/21
Northsider 27/10/21
penylanpip 05/11/21
Portsladepete (to be rescheduled - unable to contact)
Curtis

CONTINENTAL DESTINATIONS
railaddict Belgium
schienenkönig Germany
Gavin Sowry New Zealand
Chris Vernall Canada
Fred Mills. Canada
phils2um USA
trammayo Eire
Tropic Blunder1 Australia
The Tinker New Zealand

Visits cancelled at host's request - to be reviewed.
Jasper Netherlands

Last edited:
I would remark that while mini ebay mike is most welcome here, there will almost certainly be no trains on the Fallowfield Light Railway before April or May. He may need to pack snowshoes.

I would remark that while mini ebay mike is most welcome here, there will almost certainly be no trains on the Fallowfield Light Railway before April or May. He may need to pack snowshoes.
Chris totally, understandable, an though Tumble Down Falls does not run regularly during the Winter months, I am sure the railway can put a "special" on for Mini Mike.

Mini Mike is welcome to the NAY as well should he make it to this side of the pond. (Railroad name: None As Yet)

Don’t think my wife gets this, “where’s he going to sleep?” ”What food does he like?” How do I break it to her?
Well he got plenty of food on his journey round the DR, well he was seen heading to the Mitropa at Alexisbad. As for kip, he was in and out in daylight.

Well he got plenty of food on his journey round the DR, well he was seen heading to the Mitropa at Alexisbad. As for kip, he was in and out in daylight.
He is obviously the strong and silent type, hoping there is very very simple instructions of how to send him on to his next destination?

Yes there was a Label for me to send to the next culprit Dave in Ascot. Plus some stamps if you have doubts about the cost of postage. I think that a PM to Mike if mini Mike arrives with you would prompt him to give you the next recipient.

Yes there was a Label for me to send to the next culprit Dave in Ascot. Plus some stamps if you have doubts about the cost of postage. I think that a PM to Mike if mini Mike arrives with you would prompt him to give you the next recipient.
I think a PM to the next person on the list, if its still available.

Hi. Just a reminder that we will not be back until December 13th. I don't want to cause any delays.
Trevor

Hi Pete. I've highlighted some simple instructions in post #1 which hopefully will work.

railaddict Belgium
schienenkönig Germany
Gavin Sowry New Zealand
Chris Vernall Canada
Fred Mills. Canada
phils2um USA
trammayo Eire
Jasper. Netherlands
The non-UK destinations still need to be shuffled into a logical order.

Surprised that Trevor (Anglian) is not on the list. Logical trip after Mick (Trammayo))

Surprised that Trevor (Anglian) is not on the list. Logical trip after Mick (Trammayo))
He is Jon - in the UK section. Despite the best efforts of the United States of Germany he remains within the non-international Royal Mail postal zone.

Trevor (Anglian) is in Northern Ireland UK with a Royal Mail Post Code.

Mick (Tramayo) is in the Republic of Ireland where I've been informed that they do not have post codes.
I have posted items to his son Adrian in the North, but I believe he has moved recently....

Trevor (Anglian) is in Northern Ireland UK with a Royal Mail Post Code.

Mick (Tramayo) is in the Republic of Ireland where I've been informed that they do not have post codes.
I have posted items to his son Adrian in the North, but I believe he has moved recently....

We have Eircodes which are far superior to Post Codes! The Eircode is unique to each dwelling or building! Mine's F26 PH68. Mind you, it's down to the size of the population that allows it! ;)

Yep - No.2 son has moved further out of town! Caused me some stress with my finger slippages I'll tell you :banghead:

Good evening all. I have just updated my itinerary to show where and when I have been. There are two UK locations left on the list. Having just contacted both I advise one will not be participating in the foreseeable future and await a response from the other candidate. In the meantime are there any other UK based forumites who would like a visitor for a few days? I intend to risk crossing the Channel at some point - providing relations with the EU have improved sufficiently and I have managed to get my booster jab, and then to jet off to all those far-off places mentioned in the post at the top of the page. If interested drop me a PM/conversation please.

Ebay Mike is welcome to visit here while in NZ. Also maybe able to visit a couple of other layouts which him while he is here

This is a list of those who have expressed a desire to participate, which I will update, as and when, from posts on the original thread. Invites have already been received from overseas and I look forward to 'going abroad'. However, bearing in mind the potential cock-up after 31st December I think it would be prudent to deal with a chunk of the domestic visits in the first instance and then hop over the water for a quick world tour. I don't know what costs are like for International Mail, but I have tried to keep both size and weight to a minimum.
I will mark off the forumites I have been able to 'meet' and as a starting point suggest we proceed through the list in the order shown (unless advised it is not convenient). If the current host could message the next recipient for an address - or alternatively you may wish to advise your location to the person in front of you on the list - hopefully my journey will suffer no significant delays. If I've got anything wrong or missed someone out please message me.

Last updated 02/12/20

UK DESTINATIONS
dunnyrail 02/12/20
Jidlemarvel 06/12/20
Rhinochugger 15/12/20
PhilP 07/05/21
voodoopenguin 08/05/21
JimmyB 14/05/21
playmofire 06/06/21
Anglian 09/06/21
a98087 23/06/21
Tanker man 10/08/21
Paul M 01/09/21
The Shed 09/09/21
Wistow vale rlwy 21/09/21
kedwards 23/09/21
FrenchChuffed 24/09/21
Gizzy 08/10/21
Fezwig 22/10/21
LGB Sid
alcashj94 24/10/21
Northsider 27/10/21
penylanpip 05/11/21
Portsladepete (to be rescheduled - unable to contact)
Curtis

CONTINENTAL DESTINATIONS
railaddict Belgium
schienenkönig Germany
Gavin Sowry New Zealand
Chris Vernall Canada
Fred Mills. Canada
phils2um USA
trammayo Eire
The Tinker New Zealand

Visits cancelled at host's request - to be reviewed.
Jasper Netherlands

He has been to curtis curtis early last year and casey jones snr casey jones snr later last year to recently.

Back