ebay mike's expedition

This thread really seems to have fired the imagination and I think I would like Mike to visit my railway too. :D
How about mapping Mike's progress around the country (or around the World)?
I've created a test map and added my railway to it along with a brief description and a couple of photos. Obviously I've not revealed the exact location. I've placed my railway in the middle of some open space in the village (the churchyard).
Here's a link to the map - eBay Mike's Expedition on Google Maps
If it's a goer then I can share the map for others to add Mike's travels to it.

Keith

Last edited:
If you have some waders, or at least wellingtons, you are most welcome to the wet Tier 1 land of Cornwall Mike.
Thanks Pete. I could drop in on some long lost relatives in Cambourne and Redruth. Not had contact since the 60's.

If you'd like to pay a visit to Belgium you're most welcome, just need to get my camera back from my son who is to take pictures of my grandson (born on November 11) on Bernigadin and if you like to play Gulliver, you could have a trip on the H0m RhB layout, either on the Landwasser Viaduct, Albula Viaduct I, Disentis, Wiesen (sorry the buildings have gone), Monsteinerbach, Chur Ost or Domat Ems. This can take place after your visit to Britain.

Hello Mike,
hope you can stand ferries, If the answer is yes, your are welcome to visit Germany and enter my trams. May be if possible I'm the driver and do a special tour for you. (When I'm shrunk. Hope to get me in 1:22,5 next year,) A good cold beer awaits you.

By the way, a great idea.
Peter from Wuppertal

Suppose since I'm getting the blame for all this, that I should invite you to visit the Taita Gorge Railway.
Knowing how long these 'tours' take, the pandemic should well be over by the time you get here. :)

Would that be the dead centre of the village, Keith? :rofl:
Careful, you're putting this thread in grave danger of drifting.
It'll be interesting to map the railways, but obviously the exact location would be a bit sillyffor various reasons marking the map with the nearest graveyard to our location sounds like a reasonable compromise

Careful, you're putting this thread in grave danger of drifting.
It'll be interesting to map the railways, but obviously the exact location would be a bit sillyffor various reasons marking the map with the nearest graveyard to our location sounds like a reasonable compromise
All this talk about railways and graveyards - it's like the Beeching cuts and withdrawal of steam all over again.

Good idea!

I'm certainly up for it....

This thread really seems to have fired the imagination and I think I would like Mike to visit my railway too. :D
How about mapping Mike's progress around the country (or around the World)?
I've created a test map and added my railway to it along with a brief description and a couple of photos. Obviously I've not revealed the exact location. I've placed my railway in the middle of some open space in the village (the churchyard).
Here's a link to the map - eBay Mike's Expedition on Google Maps
If it's a goer then I can share the map for others to add Mike's travels to it.

Keith
Great idea. Been thinking about the cameo’s that I am going to set up for him. 3 Mallets look very likely or even perhaps 4. The a couple of 2-10-2’s. All to play for.

Sounds like a good plan mike, I'm in! if it's after C.........mas, then you mini you can come to work with me ;)

Add me in as well please :) you can visit Buxus Main Station, Calluna castle and church, as well as a quick stop at Silene, can't guarantee the coffee shop will be open, it depends on the time of year :)

Back