ebay mike's expedition

Yup he has been to the Emerald Isle with no signs of EEC or UK backlash.

ebay mike ebay mike for this purposes of this expedition - would you consider Jersey part of the UK? My experience is some do, some don't so I have to get creative with how I list our address (Jersey is either a county or a country ;) )

I vote yes on the basis wife's visa for both the UK and Jersey is the same (but I'm biased). If you concur, we'd love to be added to the expedition itinerary. Given we are in the process of building the railway I'm sure Mike's input and advice would be greatly appreciated.

ebay mike ebay mike for this purposes of this expedition - would you consider Jersey part of the UK? My experience is some do, some don't so I have to get creative with how I list our address (Jersey is either a county or a country ;) )

I vote yes on the basis wife's visa for both the UK and Jersey is the same (but I'm biased). If you concur, we'd love to be added to the expedition itinerary. Given we are in the process of building the railway I'm sure Mike's input and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Bonjour/hello Curtis. Yes, I consider Jersey part of Great Britain - especially as we got it back after that little skirmish in the 40's. I was also an avid viewer of Bergerac back in the day and he moved on to become Tom Barnaby without any requirement to apply for citizenship. I have added you to the itinerary. There is only one thing that concerns me (after last weeks' rather traumatic scare) - am I entitled to free reciprocal health care in line with what's on offer here on the edge of nowhere or will I need to seek additional medical insurance?

Bonjour/hello Curtis. Yes, I consider Jersey part of Great Britain - especially as we got it back after that little skirmish in the 40's. I was also an avid viewer of Bergerac back in the day and he moved on to become Tom Barnaby without any requirement to apply for citizenship. I have added you to the itinerary. There is only one thing that concerns me (after last weeks' rather traumatic scare) - am I entitled to free reciprocal health care in line with what's on offer here on the edge of nowhere or will I need to seek additional medical insurance?
Just be aware, that as far as customs are concerned the Channel Islands are NOT part of Great Britain, and duty is payable, so low value gifts are the order of the day.

Ah well done for finding this, as this is where all the waffle should be! Noted that Paul now has Mini Mike and it looks like he was at Brambleton yesterday. Great place to visit if you get a chance, plus it is located in an old railway triangle that connected Hemel Hempstead with Harpenden and Luton, but the Luton bit was a very very early closure.

Just for reference again, this is the thread for all the waffle about mini Mikes journeys. I must say I do like all the effort that is being taken to make his journey an interesting one. It does irk a little that people do not read the title of that thread.

Just for reference again, this is the thread for all the waffle about mini Mikes journeys. I must say I do like all the effort that is being taken to make his journey an interesting one. It does irk a little that people do not read the title of that thread.
True, but there's obviously a need to describe the location of the pictures, and any remarks from readers relating to that picture

I skipped my turn to host Mike as I though pics of him walking along empty gravel lanes where the CBR line once run, may not be of interest to him, but if hes still travelling around the world in a years time :rofl: then hopefully the CBR will be reborn again in a new home.

True, but there's obviously a need to describe the location of the pictures, and any remarks from readers relating to that picture
Hm so using this thread to describe the visit (or non visit) of mini Mike to say LGB-Sid too tricky?

Pictures with captions is perfect, and using the "like" and other icons is fine. If a comments NEEDS to be made about a visit and is relevant fine, but general chit chat, that eventually will eventually drift off subject spoils that thread. There is nothing wrong with replying to a post, but posting it here.

433052_20211008_130810.jpg

Good job he didn't open the door....

As you can see comments on the pictures only thread but on this thread :)

Pictures with captions is perfect, and using the "like" and other icons is fine. If a comments NEEDS to be made about a visit and is relevant fine, but general chit chat, that eventually will eventually drift off subject spoils that thread. There is nothing wrong with replying to a post, but posting it here.

As you can see comments on the pictures only thread but on this thread :)
Any excuse! Yes you're right Jimmy

Could not a link - from the Picture only thread to the text thread ( and from the latter to the former) be set up.

Also Mike may have been to the Republic but he hasn't been to this part yet!

Could not a link - from the Picture only thread to the text thread ( and from the latter to the former) be set up.

Also Mike may have been to the Republic but he hasn't been to this part yet!
Mick to need to have two instances of the forum open, in the tab with the pictures thread click reply, copy all the contents in the reply box and in the the tab with the text thread open past in to the reply box.

Mick to need to have two instances of the forum open, in the tab with the pictures thread click reply, copy all the contents in the reply box and in the the tab with the text thread open past in to the reply box.
I'm not wanting to do anything myself (at the moment) - I was just thinking it would be easy to have a cross link between the two threads. A little like David's Pic of the day where you can click on the link to see the original thread!

I'm not wanting to do anything myself (at the moment) - I was just thinking it would be easy to have a cross link between the two threads. A little like David's Pic of the day where you can click on the link to see the original thread!
Go to the post number, the one above is #156, and click (or however you gain links) and copy the link and paste in to your new post.

Mizzy was asking about Mini Mike just now, and his where abouts?

Anyone know....

Perhaps Mike should find his way to friends in the Southern Hemisphere while those of us up North enter the deep freeze.

Back